Hold Toggle between 2 scenes?

stm113

Power User
Hi all, setting up for my first Rock gig with my FM9. My scene 3 is clean, scene 6 is the same but the chorus is off and a drive kicks in. It’s for a quick lick then I return to clean.

What I want to do is press fs 3 to select scene 3 and then hold fs 3 to get to scene 6 and then for it to return to scene 3 when I release.

I am sure this can happen but I just can’t figure it out. Has anyone done this? If so what settings to I need to use?

You cannot use momentary switches to toggle scenes.

You can however set it to toggle on tap.

TAP = Scene 3
TAP AGAIN = Scene 6
TAP AGAIN = Scene 3
TAP AGAIN = Scene 6

...and so on.

That function is called SCENE TOGGLE.

You could also do TAP = Select Scene 3, HOLD = Select Scene 6

I am currently using scene toggle and it works but it’s such a quick part that it would be more convenient to hold and release. I use the scene toggle a lot, it’s how I am able to do most of my scene selections on the first 3 switches and save the rest for fx on/off etc

I have a preset that's similar: there's one sound that I only need for about two seconds at a time. I don't use a scene for that. Instead, I have a momentary switch that bypasses and unbypasses the blocks I need for that particular sound. Press, play a note, and then release.
Yes, this is how I might do it too.

I thought about this, to bypass the chorus and engage the drive. Since this is a one off gig I may not do it, but it seems a viable option should I need it again.

I do that with the speed of the rotary speaker on a preset. I use it regularly fast, when I need to slow it down I just hold the switch.

I thought about this, to bypass the chorus and engage the drive. Since this is a one off gig I may not do it, but it seems a viable option should I need it again.

I do that with the speed of the rotary speaker on a preset. I use it regularly fast, when I need to slow it down I just hold the switch.
Ditto on the rotary, but the hold switch is a toggle, not momentary.

Back
Top Bottom