Hold The Line...

pitmonkey

Inspired
Hey guys!

Just put up a new youtube clip of me playing one of my favourite Lukather solos. As always, all guitars done with the Axe FX. This was my first foray into the pitch block to get the harmony phrase at the end of the solo...

Hope you like it. I'll upload the patch when I get a chance.

Edit: Here's the link at last...sorry it took so long!! I've used the IR OH 412 BOG-ST V30 SP2-04 from Ownhammer's Bogner 4x12 cab pack. The pitch block for the harmony line is set to an external controller so I can use a pedal to fade in the harmony. Give me a shout if anything doesn't work!
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4018

Cheers!

Last edited:
Great playing on a really cool solo. Nice job on the harmonies too.

Thanks! The harmony was easy, actually. Just a pitch block after the amp set to a third above in the key of A and Robert, as they say, is your Dad's brother. I also set an external controller to the harmony mix so I could bring if in with an expression pedal. Worked really well.

killer. as we wait for the preset ;) what amp was that?

Cheers!

It's Euro Red. With that and the LIII it's probably nearer Luke's current tone than the original from 1978 but it sounds, and feels, great to me!

The IR is an Ownhammer Bogner 4x12 with V30's. One of Scott Peterson's mixes I think.

Patch will be up later today.

Pitmonkey - Just saw your post and both the playing and the tone were great. I've always loved that song and it's lead. Glad you posted.

Cheers,

Lee

I wish the vocals on that backing track were up to snuff.

The solo?
hqdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom