Wish Hold Switches 1-8 to Change Scenes

GreatGreen

Power User
It would be extremely handy if we could set the AX8 so that if you hold switches 1-8, the preset would swap to the corresponding Scene 1-8.

As it is now, we currently have the option to hold switches 1-8 for X/Y switching, and then for scene selection we must press a Function switch first.

I think it would be very useful if that functionality could be reversed so that holding switch 1-8 would change scenes, while an F switch could be reserved for individual or sticky X/Y switching. Personally, I find myself changing scenes more often than individual X/Y effect states. This way would allow for less footwork for people who prefer to operate via scene changing as opposed to individual X/Y swapping.

Last edited:
Isn't that what the sticky scenes button does? Not in front of AX8 right now, but I think if you hold down F2, it allows you to select scenes 1-8 and stays on until you push F2 again. Kind of like using reveal button on MFC.

Not quite.

Sticky scenes still require an additional button press, then totally repurposes your switches until you press that F switch again to release it.

To change scenes with Single Scene switch:
  1. Hit Single Scene F switch
  2. Hit 1-8 Switch to change scenes

To change scenes with sticky scene switch:
  1. Hit Sticky Scenes F switch
  2. Hit 1-8 Switch to change scenes
  3. Hit Sticky Scenes F switch again to return to normal mode

To change scenes with my proposed way:
  1. Hold Switch 1-8 to change scenes

Back
Top Bottom