Hold iA for X / Y change

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
I really wish this was possible, it would save alot of space on the MFC, because now for every effect you have to get additional x'y iA. You can of course put it on one iA but then it would change all assigned effects from X to Y at once or vice versa.

Yeah, I had my own "brainstorm" session last week or so. :) After thinking it through I came up with an alternative:

"Adding a single IA set to 'generic X/Y'. Press it once to get into Select mode, then press an effect IA to switch between its X and Y state.
No more need for a separate X/Y-switch for each X/Y-enabled effect."

Yeah, I had my own "brainstorm" session last week or so. :) After thinking it through I came up with an alternative:

"Adding a single IA set to 'generic X/Y'. Press it once to get into Select mode, then press an effect IA to switch between its X and Y state.

this is good idea too.
I'm just wondering why hold function was not implemented for general use, since it was implemented to activate tuner.

I don't get it...what is "select mode"?

Why not use the Reveal IA for the XY functionality?

Also, I like how when you hit an IA and the screen show the FX name for a second; however, this only works from going from red to green state. When a patch already has a green state and you turn it off, I'd also like to know what FX I turned off.

Also, it would be better if the MFC didn't show the block name, but the actual Fx. For example, I'd prefer knowing I turned on an FET boost as opposed to Drive 1.

Why not use the Reveal IA for the XY functionality?

Reading yek's suggestion, I thought of something like what Adinfinitum said. Press once for "green" reveal mode for ON/OFF, press again for "red" X/Y mode. (Press once more to go back to program change mode.) I can't imagine the (user-enabled) extra mode would get in the way much.

Pushing this further, I think we could have a whole second set of IA functions on the "red reveal" panel. Most would assign theirs to the X/Y switches. Some blocks don't have X/Y functionality though. With a full second panel, we could "reuse" those switches to toggle other blocks.

Alternatively, users who would rather have access to more raw blocks (for chaining, etc.) could have all the "Block 1"s on the first page, and "Block 2"s on the second. Or just completely different blocks. You'd basically double the number of IAs within the same floor space.

I would prefer to have an option to set the IA buttons to three states instead of two: led off means effect bypassed/not in preset, green means effect on in X state, red means effect on in Y state. Pressing the button rotates through the three states.

Another advantage of this setting would be less bright lights if effects are bypassed by default in a preset.

Agreed. There are a few ways to skin the cat.
But something should be done.
Needing an an individual X/Y switch for each X/Y block will not work for most people.

YMMV
My .02
XOXO

Am I the only one who thinks that "hold for x/y" would be impractical in a live situation where you're trying to make the change on a specific beat? I much prefer the "reveal" approach.

I would prefer to have an option to set the IA buttons to three states instead of two: led off means effect bypassed/not in preset, green means effect on in X state, red means effect on in Y state. Pressing the button rotates through the three states.

Another advantage of this setting would be less bright lights if effects are bypassed by default in a preset.

I think doing it per switch would be annoying when you want to kick an effect on or off quickly.

You can globally set bypass to off rather than red, if you like.

Back
Top Bottom