Hold function

Freeze would be a latching command set to a delay hold on digital mono (unless cliff made a new block for 0 degradation, I forget). Engage the block when you want the freeze function.

Take a look at the DELAY 2 block in the "EJ Clean" factory preset also.

096 - EJ CLEAN — Eric Johnson's clean signature sound, using a Fender Vibroverb, chorus and tape echo. Some scenes created by Cooper Carter. Control Switch 1 freezes the delay.

Between the "Repeat Stack/Hold" in the DELAY block, and "Stack/Hold" in the Reverb block you should be able to find something.

That first sound demo of that pedal sounded like there was a lot of bit reduction going on, or the delay time was extremely short almost like a flanger with no modulation and a lot of feedback.

Last edited:
Well, you play a chord, turn on hold, and it keeps on going the same..no degrading, nothing. And then I want to play over is like a second guitarist would.
In that case I’d use a delay and make sure all the modulation is off. Set your delay time, play the chord, and hit hold. It should repeat for as long as you like.

Start by setting your parallel reverb bypass mode to mute in. This will reduce the overall volume of your preset but it is easier to control. I’ve found the hold function will work much better with the echo density at 8. Try one of the cloud reverbs or any of the newer ones in the 17.0 firmware. It may help to assign an expression pedal to the reverb volume or a compressor after the reverb in parallel. Hope this helps!

Start by setting your parallel reverb bypass mode to mute in. This will reduce the overall volume of your preset but it is easier to control. I’ve found the hold function will work much better with the echo density at 8. Try one of the cloud reverbs or any of the newer ones in the 17.0 firmware. It may help to assign an expression pedal to the reverb volume or a compressor after the reverb in parallel. Hope this helps!
Unless you've set the parallel Reverb to less than 100% Mix (which is the recommended method), I'm not sure why Mute In would reduce the level at all.

Sorry all. Can’t get it to work. When using a reverb block the continued sound is more like a keyboard and with the delay I get a loop like dingdingdingding instead of dingngngngngngngn
Anybody got it to work and is so kind to share the preset/ effects block?

Sorry all. Can’t get it to work. When using a reverb block the continued sound is more like a keyboard and with the delay I get a loop like dingdingdingding instead of dingngngngngngngn
Anybody got it to work and is so kind to share the preset/ effects block?

If you are only wanting the initial attack of the chord to sound once, or no initial attack at all but just a sustaining sound of the chord, use the looper block.

Make sure the looper is set up to go straight into overdub mode from a second press of record.

Strike the chord, then hit record, then record again when ever you like (setting the loop length). Let the chord sustain a bit, then hit record a third time to close overdub. This should give you a 'pad' of the chord with little to no attack on the front of the note.

Back
Top Bottom