Hold/freeze function like Strymon Timeline/Big Sky

Actually, this is perfect! This is essentially exactly the type of stuff I do with the Big Sky. I want to be able to mimic this behavior just like this. Please tell me this is feasible! haha

I'm getting close, pretty much able to get the idea of adding to the ambient while retaining the dry signal using a few effects in a parallel path with a control switch set to 'momentary'. Trying to figure out how to activate the new path without hearing what was just played when turning the appropriate effects on/off in the chain.

I'm getting close, pretty much able to get the idea of adding to the ambient while retaining the dry signal using a few effects in a parallel path with a control switch set to 'momentary'. Trying to figure out how to activate the new path without hearing what was just played when turning the appropriate effects on/off in the chain.
Actually, I kid you not, I was just trying something like this!!! I basically had a second reverb for the purpose of freezing things set up unbypass and hold with a monetary switch, but, it's not quite there yet. I couldn't figure out which reverb to use best for the freeze; as something is held, it seems to get darker and darker and disappear, so I didn't know how to handle that. I was wondering about it in parallel as well. How are you setting things up?

as something is held, it seems to get darker and darker and disappear, so I didn't know how to handle that.

Not in front of my Axe but check EQ Page to make sure there is no hi cut (and maybe also low cut) or other EQ contouring.

Also check that ducking is off: "Ducker Atten – Attenuation sets the amount by which the effect volume will duck (decrease). A setting of 20 dB, for example, will decrease the reverb by 20 dB when the input level is above the threshold. Set to 0 to defeat the ducker."

This also might make a difference: "Crossover Frequency, Low Frequency Time, High Frequency Time – The reverb algorithm is actually multi-band, reflecting the way that sound energy dissipates differently in real spaces. This allows for very natural effects. These parameters control decay times for the two bands, plus the crossover frequency."

Actually, I kid you not, I was just trying something like this!!! I basically had a second reverb for the purpose of freezing things set up unbypass and hold with a monetary switch, but, it's not quite there yet. I couldn't figure out which reverb to use best for the freeze; as something is held, it seems to get darker and darker and disappear, so I didn't know how to handle that. I was wondering about it in parallel as well. How are you setting things up?
Rather than try to explain exactly what I'm doing, here's what the preset looks like so far. Everything is controlled by CS1 (Control Switch 1) set to momentary. There's still a slight 'pop' when letting off the switch.

Figured out the "issue" with the processed signal, it was already in the path. Fixed it by reducing the Reverb time to .10 and Delay feedback to zero. Please keep in mind this is still pretty raw but may help with some modifier/control switch ideas.

Attachments

• Reverb Hold Attempt.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Not in front of my Axe but check EQ Page to make sure there is no hi cut (and maybe also low cut) or other EQ contouring.

Also check that ducking is off: "Ducker Atten – Attenuation sets the amount by which the effect volume will duck (decrease). A setting of 20 dB, for example, will decrease the reverb by 20 dB when the input level is above the threshold. Set to 0 to defeat the ducker."

This also might make a difference: "Crossover Frequency, Low Frequency Time, High Frequency Time – The reverb algorithm is actually multi-band, reflecting the way that sound energy dissipates differently in real spaces. This allows for very natural effects. These parameters control decay times for the two bands, plus the crossover frequency."
Cool! I will look into that! Thank you!!!

Rather than try to explain exactly what I'm doing, here's what the preset looks like so far. Everything is controlled by CS1 (Control Switch 1) set to momentary. There's still a slight 'pop' when letting off the switch.

Figured out the "issue" with the processed signal, it was already in the path. Fixed it by reducing the Reverb time to .10 and Delay feedback to zero. Please keep in mind this is still pretty raw but may help with some modifier/control switch ideas.
Cool! Thanks for sharing this!

Not sure of the hold function. But, might try the "Plexverb in the Plexdelay block to get the tone you want.

Back
Top Bottom