Wish Hold for Scene

ChainOfThought

Experienced
I'd like the option to disable hold for xY and enable hold for scene. So you can set up all 8 switches for whatever, and if you hold any of them then you get the corresponding scene. Seems intuitive and useful to me.

Do you ever need to change to a scene on a certain beat or time? This was recently wished for and many brought up the indecisiveness of when the Scene actually changes in regards to the music you’re playing. Still a cool wish.

Not really, but I don't really do anything performance based, so precision isn't terribly important.

I scrolled through a bit of the wishlist section and didn't see any like it, or I would have just bumped that.

I also think it might be cool to be able to enter sticky scenes, but within that mode have the hold function access the normal function of the switch. So if you have 1 mapped to drive, then in normal conditions you could use drive on/off and x/y, or in sticky scenes you could activate scene 1 or drive on/off.

I dunno, I don't particularly need any change to the way scenes work, just thinking of alternative control methods that seem useful I guess. A thread in the main ax8 section got me thinking about it

+1 from me.

I am actually a fan of switch on release like on TC Electronics Nova - wait until Hold time is reached to activate Scene switching mode and switch on release.

Really handy for my workflow.

+1 from me.

I am actually a fan of switch on release like on TC Electronics Nova - wait until Hold time is reached to activate Scene switching mode and switch on release.

Really handy for my workflow.

Thats actually a pretty brilliant compromise to all these switch-on-release issues

Back
Top Bottom