HK Triamp MKII Ch3

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Posted this in the FM3 forum but anyone he wants to check it out , Its basically a match To and HK Triamp lead channel

Its fairly hi gain with Scene 2 adding a Worn tape delay on the solo .

It was an attempt to recreate the sound in the vid below

Attachments

• HK TRIAMP MKII CH3B.fasBundle
    5.5 KB · Views: 62
Nice! I will have to check this out!
see what you think , everyones playback system and what they are listening through will make a difference but if you want a tight punchy tone its a starting point , the main things in the HK sound I wanted to capture was the roar of the D chord and the tight percussive low end for chugs and I thinks it gets close

What amp did you use in the fractal?
Its done by using a Soldano SLO. and changing the tone stack to a Jcm800, changing the power tubes the EL34s Svets
so you have the gain structure of a Soldano but the tone stack and eq of a Marshall, the boost on is just the input boost set to tube screamer
and the low cut is fairly high to get the Bass tight and percussive , there were a few other tweaks I don't recall but if you load the preset you can check the settings , but the SLO / 800 tonstack combo is a big part of it as that is actually what the original Traimp 3b lead is based on

Its done by using a Soldano SLO. and changing the tone stack to a Jcm800, changing the power tubes the EL34s Svets
so you have the gain structure of a Soldano but the tone stack and eq of a Marshall, the boost on is just the input boost set to tube screamer
and the low cut is fairly high to get the Bass tight and percussive , there were a few other tweaks I don't recall but if you load the preset you can check the settings , but the SLO / 800 tonstack combo is a big part of it as that is actually what the original Traimp 3b lead is based on
Can't wait to try it today

Can't wait to try it today
Hope it works for you , as many presets can be off depending on set up .

This one I did with a PRS cu in Drop D , so I was already in a similar starting point , if you put you guitar in Drop D and use the pitch block Capo -1. , you will hit the same tuning that the player in the vid has .

Also for cabs a Mesa 212 with matching speaker imp curve and a 57 is a match to the video , but it works great with many different cabs

Back
Top Bottom