hitting preset button twice toggles to ALT preset 000

Secret80'sMan

Experienced
I have successfully upgraded to 2.15 and reassigned my IA's back to the default places so my labels correspond. The problem is when I hit one of the five buttons on the bottom row which are my five presets I get a message that says ALT followed by the name of patch 000 in my axe fx. I don't want this but rather if I hit the button twice I simply want it to reload the same preset.

Can someone please suggest how to correct this?

In the MFC 101 FW 2.15 Manual
Section 4.5 Alternate Presets
Page 17

Thanks Rain, I noticed there are several options and one is called BAK that allows you to go back to the preset you were previously on. That actually works better for me than what I was doing before so I attempted using it but it does not work on a global scale. It only works on a per preset basis which means I have to go through every single preset one by one to turn this feature off.

This feature should be able to be disabled globally. I will reach out to Fractal to see if this option can be added in the next firmware update.

Last edited:
You need to make sure that Alternate Preset is set to Global (GBL) in the Preset Menu (page 42 in the 2.15 manual) and that Global Preset is set to OFF in the Setup Menu (page 66 in the 2.15 manual).

Thanks Rain, I noticed there are several options and one is called BAK that allows you to go back to the preset you were previously on. That actually works better for me than what I was doing before so I attempted using it but it does not work on a global scale. It only works on a per preset basis which means I have to go through every single preset one by one to turn this feature off.

This feature should be able to be disabled globally. I will reach out to Fractal to see if this option can be added in the next firmware update.

It can be done globally AFAIK. Make sure that in each preset ALT is to Global (I think that's the default after resetting your MFC).
In Edit > Setup set Global to Backtracking.

Back
Top Bottom