Hit me with some vids!

It is (wrong) common opinion to combine Fractal products with hard rock - metal uses. I have been using Ax8 for about a year and a half, and I know that the machine can be used in every musical field.
It is true, however, that most of the Fractal videos are made with hi-gain sounds, it is very difficult to find beautiful samples of sounds related to the American blues, country and southern rock tradition, for examples.
All the Axe III videos of beta testers released this month confirm this.

:(

It is (wrong) common opinion to combine Fractal products with hard rock - metal uses. I have been using Ax8 for about a year and a half, and I know that the machine can be used in every musical field.
It is true, however, that most of the Fractal videos are made with hi-gain sounds, it is very difficult to find beautiful samples of sounds related to the American blues, country and southern rock tradition, for examples.

Check out other threads, there are some from Larry Mitchell that will be more aligned with what you seek.

Our band is quite eclectic, and it's all possible because the Axe does it all. Unfortunately, I don't make studio type videos. Only live ones.

when Tyler Grund gets his, all your wishes will come true. The man could make a fender frontman sing, so when he lets loose on fractal, angels weep. If I get my unit before he posts video, I might throw something up for you, because the "hi gain only" stereotype is a crime against guitar tone. In fact, my fractal lessons and experience have led to me getting better tones out of my "real" tube amps. I didn't realize how little I knew, or how much dogma I had swallowed on tube amps until the black box came along... Gotta love a device that makes your tone better even when it's not even plugged in!

Here's something I posted back on Firmware 18 - pre-Quantum days. No high gain tones here. Jazzy stuff on the edge of breakup. The tones I love the most. I should redo this someday with Q9 just to hear the difference, but it sounded so good back then, at least to me.
Feb 13, 2015

TS 808 OD, HBE amp model, Fractal 4x12 GB (4047) Left, 4x12 Uber T75+V30 (RW) Right, Quad Pitch detune, 500ms stereo delay, Quad Tap delay, Studio Reverb, 28ms delay one side, enhancer. Also have an RTA, second unused pitch block, two unused Tri Chorus blocks, and a Vol/Pan block. 64% CPU.

Hmmm. I can barely hear any delay in that recording.

Been looking at youtube everyday to see any new Axe3 videos. Mark Day’s vids are helping me think the wait will be worth it.

They didn't use to be. Not why I am here at all. No dig intended please, just NOT for me, that's all. I do use some Hi gain for some old Rock, that's for sure.

Now, yes, they seem to gravitate that way. I am sure there is a reason. Although Mark Days vids are usually R&R primo. Larry Mitchells are "everything" Wait a while. You'll see. Corys usually are a mix also. Metal is very big all over the world. May not be for U and me. But it is. So?.............

BTW: I am NOT a jazz player by any means. I can fool around of course, but only because I have been playing since the year of the flood. But the song (not even a video, just sound clips) that got me to save up for an Ultra way back when was
So Cal Drivin · Craig Sharmat. Great tune! Jazz.......But I could not believe it was a modeler.......At the time I owned and used a Boss GT10. Actually started in the 90's with modelers Boss GX700. Still have it....

Last edited:
TS 808 OD, HBE amp model, Fractal 4x12 GB (4047) Left, 4x12 Uber T75+V30 (RW) Right, Quad Pitch detune, 500ms stereo delay, Quad Tap delay, Studio Reverb, 28ms delay one side, enhancer. Also have an RTA, second unused pitch block, two unused Tri Chorus blocks, and a Vol/Pan block. 64% CPU.
Excellent sound and playing Mark. How are you using the RTA?

Back
Top Bottom