Hissing noise and blank screen??

dieter

Inspired
Hi guys
Switched on my AXE-Fx 2 mk1 today and played the guitar for a while and all of a sudden without touching anything on the unit or on the floor board I had a loud hissing noise and a blank screen.
I rebooted the axe and when I flicked through the presets it didn't sound right. It was sort of sterile and hi fi like.
I did a system reset to no avail. After that I reloaded fw 8.04 again and now it seems to be working.
I have to say I loaded fw 8.04 yesterday and played for hours with no issues at all and it sounded great
Any clues what could have caused that behaviour and should I be concerned ? Did anybody else experienced that?
cheers

Hi Joe

Thanks for your help
The hissing noise was not the fan as it came out from the speaker and it was so loud I had to switch off the Atomic CLR because I thought it'll blow the speaker.
Anyone else have got some ideas what could have caused that behaviour. I'm not gigging at the moment so it's not a big issue but it would be nice to at least know what it is and how to avoid it or fix it.
The battery should be ok as it is just about 3 1/2 years old and doesn't run all day .
cheers

Back
Top Bottom