Wish HiRes Touchscreen

∞Fractals

Fractal Fanatic
Recently purchased a new DSLR which has a very nice EVF. This is a terrific and accurate little touchscreen; but I thought my fat fingers could never articulate accurately-however in real live use it works surprisingly very well. E.g. swiping to page, touch a tab to page, etc.

Provides superfast editing without having to use the multitude knobs on the body of the camera. DSLR manufacturers understand that users probably know the button layout/schema as well, however the touchscreen is a superlative aid and maneuvering through the various options landscape of the tool.

I think it would be a nice upgrade to consider for the FX3 at some point in the future.

I think you meant to say you got a DSLR with a LCR or OLED rear display which is touch sensitive, ala something like a Nikon D850 of D500. An EVF is an "electronic viewfinder" which wouldn't wouldn't work too well for touching.

I do agree though, I love touch screens on the rear of cameras, especially when you can use the touch screen to move the focus point around the screen (and resulting image in the EVF or OVF) in real time.

All and all amazing how far cameras have come in a pretty short time. I spent the better part of a decade working as a professional sports photographer and then moved into concert work, shooting for Kerrang! magazine in the UK (like an English version of Spin or Rolling Stone) before the eventual decline of print media. Back in those days digital cameras were pretty noisy (aka "grainy) at even ISO1600 and as such, not exactly ideal for many live venues. These days we've got camera's like the Sony A7 and A9 that can shoot at ISO half a million. ISO6400 is cleaner than ISO800 used to be. Not to mention they can focus in near darkness, shoot silently 20 FPS etc. Almost feels like it makes it "too easy" lol

it would be cool if the AXEIII had a HDMI output to add a nice touchscreen monitor, like the Soundcraft Ui24 does.
works like a charm.
But I'd still be happy with the AXEIII the way it is!

it would be cool if the AXEIII had a HDMI output to add a nice touchscreen monitor, like the Soundcraft Ui24 does.
works like a charm.
But I'd still be happy with the AXEIII the way it is!

I think stopping shipping and the assembly line to add this feature, while very cool, would push peoples delivery dates back quite a bit, so you'd end up with a lot of rather upset wait list peoples lol

All and all amazing how far cameras have come in a pretty short time. I spent the better part of a decade working as a professional sports photographer and then moved into concert work, shooting for Kerrang! magazine in the UK (like an English version of Spin or Rolling Stone) before the eventual decline of print media. Back in those days digital cameras were pretty noisy (aka "grainy) at even ISO1600 and as such, not exactly ideal for many live venues. These days we've got camera's like the Sony A7 and A9 that can shoot at ISO half a million. ISO6400 is cleaner than ISO800 used to be. Not to mention they can focus in near darkness, shoot silently 20 FPS etc. Almost feels like it makes it "too easy" lol
dude, ISO1600 was my limit on even a 5D MK II. it's crazy how good it's all gotten.

a touch screen interface requires that the "knobs" and other things we touch become much bigger so we can touch it. this increases the amount of pages needed.

a touch screen interface requires that the "knobs" and other things we touch become much bigger so we can touch it. this increases the amount of pages needed.
My wish is simply to make the screen bigger by way of an output. The nav on the unit is just fine.

My wish is simply to make the screen bigger by way of an output. The nav on the unit is just fine.
that's not the wish of this thread topic though. maybe make a separate thread, as it's a completely different thing.

Back
Top Bottom