Hipower Jumped + KT77s + 70% bias = Meaty Tele tone

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
Down 2D River - P2_2.syx <--- NOTE: apparently right-click and save as seems to be the hip trick here to avoid a browser tab full of gibberish. :)

@2112 - here's that preset I mentioned.

Screen%20Shot%202019-10-19%20at%201.41.27%20AM.png

Not sure why the stock Hipower bias setting is 50%, given that they were famous for having a bias supply that barely had enough voltage. I have personally modded at least one HIWATT 50W to increase available bias to be able to bias it at a reasonable idle current. Anyhoo, the model really opens up nicely with warmer bias.

Preset is set up for 3 pedals:
FC1 P1 --> Main volume
FC1 P2 --> Dry/Chorus/Delay+Dirt
FC1 P3 --> Wah

My FC is set up thusly for this preset:
Screen%20Shot%202019-10-19%20at%201.40.22%20AM.png

Last edited:
If the firmware used to create this preset is newer than the version you are running, the preset will show as blank.
joe sort of confirmed earlier, but I def appreciate the more direct answer.
funny, fractal has me so spoiled by updates they have become a nuisance (not really, I def appreciate them)

so, finally got around to update tonight. just tested this out -here are my observations. since I haven't bothered to hookup exp pedals... at first I was all 'say what?' (jk) because I could see that I was hearing all usa2 and no hiwatt. disabled the controllers on the mixer and turned off the usa2 to a pleasant sound. much more what I was anticipating. fx are nice and subtle - I def appreciate that. turned them off to get a better feel for how your amp changes sounded... real nice. thanks for sharing.

so, finally got around to update tonight. just tested this out -here are my observations. since I haven't bothered to hookup exp pedals... at first I was all 'say what?' (jk) because I could see that I was hearing all usa2 and no hiwatt. disabled the controllers on the mixer and turned off the usa2 to a pleasant sound. much more what I was anticipating. fx are nice and subtle - I def appreciate that. turned them off to get a better feel for how your amp changes sounded... real nice. thanks for sharing.
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I think the P2 was defaulting to 100% due to being absent, which is why you got the lead IIC+ sound.

BTW, I have a pair of old trusty Roland EV controllers sitting here taking up space if you want to use them. They work fine with the Axe, but I wanted the FC2 pedals to match the Axe.... That Chorus/Pitch/MultDly group is anything but subtle when the P2 is in the middle of its range. :)

I might put up the scenes-based version of this same preset at some point. Doing the 10.01 and 1.03.08 updates currently....

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I think the P2 was defaulting to 100% due to being absent, which is why you got the lead IIC+ sound.

BTW, I have a pair of old trusty Roland EV controllers sitting here taking up space if you want to use them. They work fine with the Axe, but I wanted the FC2 pedals to match the Axe.... That Chorus/Pitch/MultDly group is anything but subtle when the P2 is in the middle of its range. :)

I might put up the scenes-based version of this same preset at some point. Doing the 10.01 and 1.03.08 updates currently....
thank you very much Joe that is very generous/kind of you to offer. I actually have a roland ev(great controller) and a line6 one as well... just haven't bothered to hook them up (yes, I'm exactly that lazy!). It'd be nice if the axe had fail-over settings for controllers and such, then again it'd be nice if it would make my coffee this morning! :)

Back
Top Bottom