Hipower Jumped knob titles

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
Hi--
Not sure if this is a bug or I'm completely off my rocker, but the "Hipower Jumped" seems to be modeled after a HIWATT DR103, which has two input channels similar to a Marshall or Tweed Bassman, which are normally labeled "Normal Volume" and either "Brill Volume" or "Bright Volume" depending on the model year. In the model, it shows "Input Drive" and "Normal Drive".

If the model is indeed a DR103 or similar, is this a detail that can be rolled into a future update?

Screen%20Shot%202019-06-10%20at%2010.05.55%20PM.png

The Input Trim is used in the Fractal World to emulate the lower leveled inputs on any given amp. You only need to lower the Input Trim to its lowest setting. The default modeling is the High Level Input on any given amp.
The names of the Inputs I don’t see being renamed as it’s really not necessary and each manufacturer uses their own nomenclature.. ie FET Input..

In this case, I think it's actually the two volume knobs for the two input channels. I turned each down one at a time and the sound still came through each time, and when both were down, there was no sound, which seems to indicate two parallel inputs. One had a lot less low end than the other, which seems to indicate one is the "Brill" or "Bright" channel input and the other is the "Normal" input.

The "Jumped Plexi" has "Normal Drive" and "Treble Drive".

The Jumped Hipower seems to have been built with the added "Normal Drive" knob inserted into an already existing model of the "bright/brill" channel, and on the "Ideal" page, the knobs are actually labeled right, so hopefully the small detail can be tweaked on a future update....

Screen%20Shot%202019-06-11%20at%202.00.18%20PM.png

On a related note, I found a close-up photo of Dave Gilmour's HIWATT and copied the knob settings, and it gets really close to his sound. :sunglasses: This might unseat the AC20 as my favorite clean sound, or at least tie with it....

Gilmour%20Hiwatt%20Custom%20100%20amps_1994_sm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom