AFIII Highway Star - Ritchie Blackmore Solo + Blackmore Patch :)

diezel013

Inspired

This is obviously a classic... And it is a harder solo than what it seems at first listen. I hope I did it justice... Nothin' but respect for Mr. Blackmore. What a legend.

I've attached my Ritchie Blackmore patch below... There's really nothing much to it other than the Treble Booster through the AC30 model... Yes Ritchie was known for using Marshall's, and maybe you've heard the infamous stories about him going to the Marshall factory and demanding a more powerful amp, hence the Marshall Major... But what many don't know is he often played an ES-335 through a Vox AC30. It's hard to know for a fact, but many people speculate that a lot of his studio recordings are actually recorded with that combination (I'm sure as the years passed different equipment was also used)

Any support for my YouTube channel is greatly appreciated. And to those of you that have been kind enough to already show support, I greatly appreciate you. Means more than you know. Cheers, Diego :)

Attachments

• AC30 BLACKMORE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 95
FUN!

Your next mission (should you choose to accept it is to do some harmonizers) to get the 2nd guitar. Probably requires custom shifters with multiple scales but I think you're up to it!

FUN!

Your next mission (should you choose to accept it is to do some harmonizers) to get the 2nd guitar. Probably requires custom shifters with multiple scales but I think you're up to it!
I need to learn how to do that too. I was watching a Led Zepellin video from Knebworth last night, Achilles Last Stand. Page was playing a part that I'm thinking had to be overdubbed in post. The harmonies faded in, and were panned differently than the notes he was playing. Doing that live is now possible in the AF3, right?

Good stuff,
Thanks
Pauly

This is obviously a classic... And it is a harder solo than what it seems at first listen. I hope I did it justice... Nothin' but respect for Mr. Blackmore. What a legend.

I've attached my Ritchie Blackmore patch below... There's really nothing much to it other than the Treble Booster through the AC30 model... Yes Ritchie was known for using Marshall's, and maybe you've heard the infamous stories about him going to the Marshall factory and demanding a more powerful amp, hence the Marshall Major... But what many don't know is he often played an ES-335 through a Vox AC30. It's hard to know for a fact, but many people speculate that a lot of his studio recordings are actually recorded with that combination (I'm sure as the years passed different equipment was also used)

Any support for my YouTube channel is greatly appreciated. And to those of you that have been kind enough to already show support, I greatly appreciate you. Means more than you know. Cheers, Diego :)

Really spot-on playing!

Which cab/s did you select for your preset?

Back
Top Bottom