HIGHER RESOLUTION AXE EDIT? "Please!" and Fill Screen!

nznat

Experienced
A Re-post from Axe Edit forum, as this will become very popular. Love to hear Cliffs input here, or who is working on Axe Edit updates. Please second this and vote etc. Be a great needed update to have indeed!

Hiya. Just a suggestion.

Even on my 1080P screen axe edit seems quite blurry. And even if one has a 1440p or 4K screen its simply not going to be right, or axe edit will not scale properly because of some simple things discovered in the program itself.

I had a computer graphics artist friend here today and they looked at the Axe Edit program and stated that they have used PNG or similar picture files for a lot of the parts of the AXE Edit program interface, thus when you drag the program out to a bigger size, the fractal logo and many other parts of the program become even more blurry than they already are. This is because fractal have used PNG or similar low resolution pictures instead the proper vector images "that should have been used in the program to start with".

Vector images will expand with the program when you make Axe Edit larger via dragging it out, and yet keep their high resolution. A lot of the labels for buttons (like bass, middle, treble, gain, and so on and so on) and other things on the screen in Axe Edit are really blurry - no where close to where they could be in regards to resolution.

The program will most likely be a little bigger to download if high resolution vector pictures are used for the buttons and button labels and logos etc, but it will be hugely worth it - the whole community and everyone who uses the Axe FX / Axe Edit will be very thankful for the upgrade for Axe Edit, even if they haven't placed their mind on this situation yet.

Just done a test on a high resolution screen, a 1440P which should show up everything much better and sharper, but it was as blurry as 1080P which is hugely lower resolution, because the logo and labet text just hates being "expanded" from its current state, because they are not vector images. Thus, a lot of items in the Axe Edit program needs to be changed to higher resolution images "which is extremely easy to do".

Also ofcourse WIDESCREEN, as nearly "all" screens now are wide screen that we are all using. An option to fully fill the screen so you cant see the desktop anymore. Will be so very cool to see these upgrades.

Hope we can see that soon.

thanks

I'm kind of on the fence about this one. Sure it would be great if the axe edit looked as nice as some of the new digitech or line6 but at what cost? The sounds from FA are light years ahead of the others, but the company is smaller with fewer resources. I would much rather have continued sound development with new effects, options and G3'd amps rather than a nicer graphics interface.

PNGs & JPGs are both compression schemes developed mainly for the internet but neither is inherently low res. I'm on a 27" iMac & have never noticed any issue.

I'm 1080, semi hi end graphics card and hi end PC-Looks fine to me. Not blurry at all-yo asked-so I posted :)

I'm an old timer and I can see it all fine-I really couldn't care less if the logo was even there-let alone blurry. I also do not need it, nor do I want it to fill the screen-

A Re-post from Axe Edit forum, as this will become very popular. Love to hear Cliffs input here, or who is working on Axe Edit updates. Please second this and vote etc. Be a great needed update to have indeed!

I'm not sure how necessary this is, in the grand scheme of things, but I agree it would nice to have it spiffed up a bit. In a former life I was a web developer, with a specialty in user interface design (which, of course, applies to all software design; I just happened to do it for web projects). The function of the program is great, for the most part, but it would be nice to have a full screen, easily viewable (i.e., "sharper") interface, etc.

I know Fractal has limited resources for this kind of thing, but I'm sure there are plenty of users (myself included) that would be willing to lend their aid in an endeavor like this, free of charge, to say thanks to FAS for all of the great continued product support that goes above and beyond.

I have to also say that I'm completely fine with the current look of Axe Edit. My primary computer is a 13" Retina Macbook Pro, and I've never noticed any blurriness. My main focus is on the amazing sound of the AxeFXII, and while I do prefer to use Axe Edit to manipulate my settings, "upgrading" the individual visual components of Axe Edit is very low on the priority list for me. This is my vote.

I'm going to echo what everyone else is saying already. It's a low priority and I don't really care about it. I would much rather have Cliff's team focused on more important issues, IMHO.

Personally, I bought the Axe-Fx for the sounds, not the appearance of the editor. I'd rather see Axe-Edit development resources go to functionality enhancements like being able to select multiple blocks (for moving or deleting, for example) instead of appearance enhancements like the resolution of the logo or labels.

A Re-post from Axe Edit forum, as this will become very popular...Please second this and vote etc...
I'm digging your enthusiasm for product improvements, but crossposting to an inappropriate area is considered bad form on any forum. If you're sure this will become very popular, let it become so without spamming it.

Even on my 1080P screen axe edit seems quite blurry.
"Quite blurry" is neither fair nor accurate. Some elements may not be razor-sharp down to the pixel, but every part of Axe-Edit is easy to read and understand.

I'm sure we'd all like to see graphics that knock you into next Tuesday—I know I would. But there are lots of functional things that most of us would like to see first. Check out the Wish List. I'll bet you find a dozen things that are more important to you. Meanwhile, hang out, play some guitar, and enjoy the ride. :)

The speed of the development and progress of this machine and all other products FAS are working on are incredible,
and I think it's amazing how they come up with all kinds of advanced improvements in the firmware and IR's and stuff.

I think most users agree that, stability, and functions are way, way more important than eye-candy interfaces. Besides the fact that
I really like the interface we have now, I think the simplicity are key, and the professional users are more often than not interested in
getting the job done, and a fancy interface can sometimes get in the way so to speak.

I've done a great deal of design and software testing in my work, and nothing is more frustrating than searching for things in a busy interface
and click around searching for things you could do in a simple line of code on the command prompt ..

There's a famous CEO that supposedly have said "If you can't make it good, make it look good" and that is so true in many case,
but not when it comes to FAS stuff, I love the way they are using their own touch on things and not tries to emulate all the "flat childish windows 8 crappy toys'r'us bulls#* interface"

Axe Edit is sober clean and well designed if you ask me. Could it be prettier? of course, but wouldn't we all want the developers to continue improving the products instead of improving the user interface?

Although many of us are amateurs this is a tool for professionals and for them time is money and stability and workflow are what matters.
I do like nice slick interfaces as long as they are not getting in the way of your workflow ..

:)

I'm not trying to be rude or anything and everybody is entitled to have their own opinion, that's what the forum is for :)
I'm just trying to view the subject from the other side of the spectrum so to speak ..
sorry for the rambling
have a good one

:)

yeah to toally agree, absolutely, i brought this up because the axe edit dev guy is seperate from the sounds and firmware and much of that, so it could have some work and not stop any progress what so ever on the sounds and progress. Just saying. i think its cool idea, when it comes it comes, the unit sounds fantastic, im very happy with my new Axe FX 2 XL+ and CLR wactive wedge. thanks fractal indeed!

Well Im running 1920 X 1080 here and it looks devine.
Get someone to look at your adapter/monitor settings as something isn't right on your system.

Thanks
Pauly

everthings fine at my end with my pcs, tried two computers, and everyone agreed it was low res pic files used. It doesn't look horrible or anything, i like it all, but 98% of all people use wide screen now, and the program doesn't support it. Maybe that would be a good place start for axe edit. Yet to do wide screen, then the pic files would have to be changed to vector images as they would expand into wide screen as they would go way out of resolution and lok bad. Just a few little things there. all good. rocking the tone

It's worth checking that Axe Edit is running in 1:1 mode - I've found that it does look a bit fuzzy if you resize the window (I had stretched the window, so it'd be running full screen on my laptop, when I saw this).

I didn't notice the 1:1 button in the top right hand corner until a few days later...
:eek:ops

After I clicked the button, the window was back to its normal, sharp, self!

if we are gonna jazz up some looks I vote for fractal to offer a chrome kit for customizing the axe fx unit its self!! that's what people see when you are out playing! the audience could care less!!!!

if we are gonna jazz up some looks I vote for fractal to offer a chrome kit for customizing the axe fx unit its self!! that's what people see when you are out playing! the audience could care less!!!!
Tail fins FTW!

Back
Top Bottom