High Quality Audio Reactor FR

Hi everyone, we're just beginning to distribute this awesome gear in Australia and we just went into the studio so we could record the FRs properly.

Details of the recording are in the notes on the right in youtube.

It was very late at night so you can see Andrew looking very awake... :D

We hope that people out there looking to get an idea of how this gear sounds finds these posts useful - we'll be putting up more videos throughout 2010.

thanks and have a great New Year!

Seamus

with a backing track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeA9Wca8D70

guitar only
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B11RcsY5elo

Nicely done... Best one I've heard yet. Now do some clean and slightly broken tones with different guitars just to show the full spectrum of what the Axe and Reactor can really do.

i really really liked and enjoyed the sound, but have a question: what is the purpose of miking a device that was intended to be used as a monitor?

thumbs up for the demo

A most excellent question!

So that people can hear how great they are!

(yes, wouldn't recommend micing them on stage kids, particularly not how we were doing it there...)

cheers
Seamus

Actually did some clean recordings too, but those mics were just too dark, will have more next year!

Wonderful round distorted tone!! I play a American Strat DeLuxe HSS and can´t get such a rich, full sound. Would you be so kind and let us hear this guitar with the same preset (or another one)? I´m very anxious to know how big the influence of the guitar/pickups is for such a great tone. Greetings Nobbi.

Nobbi,
That's always a hard question to answer. I'm a firm believer that a good tone is a collection of a great many things. Player, plectrum, pickup, neck timber, body timber, cable quality etc etc. (obviously the AxeFX / Reactor FR eliminates any quality problems as far as amps and effects are concerned).

The guitar I'm using here has a swamp ash body, with maple finger board, a Dimazio PAF Pro in the bridge (which I'm using in the recording) and I'm using a Pete Cornish cable to connect directly to the AxeFX Ultra.

Probably the best solution is for you to download the patch that I used from our new website (as soon as it is finished). We'll let everyone know when the new site is up and running.

Cheers,
Andrew

Is the backing track coming through the Atomic FR's? I'm curious how well the Atomic FR's reproduce backing tracks, so I'm hoping this video answers my question..!

Sadly it doesn't as the backing tracks are pre-recorded - we just used the Axe-Fx/Reactor like a regular guitar amp.
I can't see any reason why it shouldn't work in that context though - we have put CDs through them etc to check out their sound.
Should work a treat as far as I can tell.
When we get a chance we'll give it a go and let you know though.
cheers
Seamus

Just dropping in to say hi, good job on those clips, nice playing! :)

15340_1268462388155_1127673821_30855144_4884817_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom