High Powered Tweed Twin Preset

That’s a nice preset. Nicely finished too with levels good and per preset switches already done.

You inspired me to have another try at the Fenders and this time it stuck. I’m using the Band Commander, a blackface Bassman, the 5F8, and the Bassguy. The 5F8 sounds great. 1st time I’ve really sat down and enjoyed the Fender amps. Also using your preset tweaked a bit for my setup. Thanks man.
glad you're enjoying it!

I love JBs music, but I seriously think he takes hoarding to a whole new level.

Same. He and his poor, empty heart are drowning in gear and seemingly devoid of love. ;)

There's a tragic element to his insatiable thirst for more. Then again, he does
his best to drive and push his audience to guys like Eric Gales and Larry McCray,
which is worthy of much respect.

Here's an update of the preset. After a couple of gigs this past week I wanted a bit more gain and ended up loving the results, hope you enjoy it too!

Attachments

• Tweed Twin .syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 87
So funny that you just posted this. I was using that preset last night and after my initial response above had the same thought as you, that it needed more gain (I was using the mid-level gain scene). I'll take a listen to your adjustments. Thanks.

Last edited:
So funny that you just posted this. I was using that preset last night and after my initial response above had the same thought as you, that it needed more gain (I was using the mid-level gain scene). I'll take a listen to you adjustments. Thanks.
yeah I think the lower gain preset is solid for maybe certain gigs, but this one covers more bases, or at least rocks harder I think

So funny that you just posted this. I was using that preset last night and after my initial response above had the same thought as you, that it needed more gain (I was using the mid-level gain scene). I'll take a listen to you adjustments. Thanks.
this one is a bit more fine tuned, although the same basic idea as the preset with more gain

Attachments

• Tweed Twin 2.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 70
Don't worry I'm not living nextdoors haha. I just recognised the windows style and brown wall paint on the other side of the street that you will only find in Amsterdam.
I think someone else once commented that there's an Amsterdam landmark visible in the background.

A slight revisit after playing these presets louder live. A 25.5/single coil warmer preset and a short scale/humbucker preset quite a bit brighter

Attachments

• Tweed Twin.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Tweed Twin Short Scale.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 71
From the video today, another re-visit after some more live experiences (playing VERY different music with VERY different sound situations). One with a bit more bite and one that is pretty tame. Definitely use an EQ in your DAW, or turn on the PEQ in the preset, but as mentioned in the video the EQ block is off in anticipation for a live sound person to see a guitar and instinctually cut a bunch of lows.

Attachments

• Tweed Twin warm live 2.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Tweed Twin Bright Live.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 54
About 80 presets later I think I've made my number 1 favorite preset. It has a lot of character while still being versatile, I don't really have to change the EQ when switching from a strat-scale to a short scale or anything (although I am adding a "bright" version, in case it's not bright enough for some). It's a lot of good stuff is what I'm saying. Here's a video demoing the preset with four wildly different guitars, check it out!

Wonderful sounds and playing!
Would love to know more about that last PRS....

Back
Top Bottom