High Powered Tweed Twin Preset

About 80 presets later I think I've made my number 1 favorite preset. It has a lot of character while still being versatile, I don't really have to change the EQ when switching from a strat-scale to a short scale or anything (although I am adding a "bright" version, in case it's not bright enough for some). It's a lot of good stuff is what I'm saying. Here's a video demoing the preset with four wildly different guitars, check it out!

Attachments

• Deluxe Tweed only (bright).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Deluxe Tweed only.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 312
Nice. One of the reasons I bought a Fractal was they were the only modeler who had of of these amps in their library. I got about 10 presets based on it, mostly based on Joe Bonamassa 's settings.

Nice. One of the reasons I bought a Fractal was they were the only modeler who had of of these amps in their library. I got about 10 presets based on it, mostly based on Joe Bonamassa 's settings.
have you uploaded them? I'd love to check them out!

No, but his settings are Volume and Mids almost all the way up, Bass on zero, Treble about 7 and Presence on 5. He then puts his signature Way Huge Overrated Special drive pedal in front. I believe the speakers are custom versions of Celestion Lead 80's. I find the Rumble IR's work well.
awesome thanks for the heads up!

awesome thanks for the heads up!
I think Yek's Amp Guide has a pic of JB's amp settings.

Nice job. This amp is in my top 5 and I have always liked the factory '5F8 Tweed' preset. I think you've improved on it. I like the three levels of dirt option. I just had to adjust volume levels. Thanks for sharing!

Nice job. This amp is in my top 5 and I have always liked the factory '5F8 Tweed' preset. I think you've improved on it. I like the three levels of dirt option. I just had to adjust volume levels. Thanks for sharing!
ah yeah the gain may be a little louder in anticipation of the band playing louder on the rock songs, hope you enjoy!

That’s a nice preset. Nicely finished too with levels good and per preset switches already done.

You inspired me to have another try at the Fenders and this time it stuck. I’m using the Band Commander, a blackface Bassman, the 5F8, and the Bassguy. The 5F8 sounds great. 1st time I’ve really sat down and enjoyed the Fender amps. Also using your preset tweaked a bit for my setup. Thanks man.

Last edited:
That’s a nice preset. Nicely finished too with levels good and per preset switches already done.

You inspired me to have another try at the Fenders and this time it stuck. I’m using the Band Commander, a blackface Bassman, the 5F8, and the Bassguy. The 5F8
sounds great. 1st time I’ve really sat down and enjoyed the Fender amps. Also using your preset tweaked a bit for my setup. Thanks man.
Fender amps are really nice. The 5F8 is on my shortlist. The Band Commander is very versatile. Check out the Ultraverb factory preset using the BC; very cool almost ambient sort of vibe. I like to turn the mix up to about 40% and set the delay time as needed to have a passage repeated back, almost like a call and response.

What are the other 4 in your top 5? If you don’t mind me asking. I need to broaden my horizons.

What are the other 4 in your top 5? If you don’t mind me asking. I need to broaden my horizons.
Sure:

Tucana 3-this is a work horse, check out all of the Carol Ann stuff
Shiva (Bogner Shiver)-check this out for "clean" cleans
Bludojai (Bludotone Ojai)-prefer this Dumble clone to the ODS
Nuclear Tone (Swart Atomic Space Tone)-tends to be very clean, but takes a drive very well

If allowed to throw in a sixth, then Wrecker Liverpool (Trainwreck Liverpool) also.

Last edited:
Sure:

Tucana 3-this is a work horse, check out all of the Carol Ann stuff
Shiva (Bogner Shiver)-check this out for "clean" cleans
Bludojai (Bludotone Ojai)-prefer this Dumble clone to the ODS
Nuclear Tone (Swart Atomic Space Tone)-tends to be very clean, but takes a drive very well

If allowed to throw in a sixth, then Wrecker Liverpool (Trainwreck Liverpool) also.

Well I gave the Tucana another run this morning. I’ve tried it before but it never gelled with me. I’m getting better at dialing these models in to my tastes. Put together a preset and it I’m pretty happy with it. I’m on the FM3 and all it has is a Tucana clean and lead. Used the clean for low and the lead for the other 3 channels.

The Swart I like a lot. Yes a great pedal amp. The Shiva clean I also use. I have tried the Bludotone briefly. I didn’t give it an honest chance. The Wrecker Liverpool, I was playing with it last week and I was getting it fairly close, but moved on. I’ll revisit these amps. I have a Trainwreck preset but it needs work. My #1 amp is the AC20 but always looking for more options. Thanks for your input!

Well I gave the Tucana another run this morning. I’ve tried it before but it never gelled with me. I’m getting better at dialing these models in to my tastes. Put together a preset and it I’m pretty happy with it. I’m on the FM3 and all it has is a Tucana clean and lead. Used the clean for low and the lead for the other 3 channels.

The Swart I like a lot. Yes a great pedal amp. The Shiva clean I also use. I have tried the Bludotone briefly. I didn’t give it an honest chance. The Wrecker Liverpool, I was playing with it last week and I was getting it fairly close, but moved on. I’ll revisit these amps. I have a Trainwreck preset but it needs work. My #1 amp is the AC20 but always looking for more options. Thanks for your input!
Funny thing is that I sort of initially dismissed all of these except for the Trainwreck on first perusal. Yes, the AC20 is a great amp as well; I was actually debating between it and the Trainwreck when I threw in the extra.

No, but his settings are Volume and Mids almost all the way up, Bass on zero, Treble about 7 and Presence on 5. He then puts his signature Way Huge Overrated Special drive pedal in front. I believe the speakers are custom versions of Celestion Lead 80's. I find the Rumble IR's work well.

Dang. Those reissue Tweed Twins go for $3500. That’s nuts.

Dang. Those reissue Tweed Twins go for $3500. That’s nuts.
You can probably thank Keith Urban for popularizing them and then also Joe Bonamassa for buying up every available classic Fender amp he can find. I love JBs music, but I seriously think he takes hoarding to a whole new level.

Back
Top Bottom