Not a Bug High pitched Frequency noise coming from unit

Mark Cesario

Hey there, just got my FX 2 + unit and noticed that there is a high pitched frequency noise coming from the unit.
The presence is either higher or lower for different presets however will go away when I shunt the CAB.

Wondering if this is a known issue with a fix or if I need to contact tech support.

Thanks!

Hey there, just got my FX 2 + unit and noticed that there is a high pitched frequency noise coming from the unit.
The presence is either higher or lower for different presets however will go away when I shunt the CAB.
Wondering if this is a known issue with a fix or if I need to contact tech support.

Thanks!
Is the noise generated when nothing is connected to the inputs of the Axe?

Received a response from Fractal which makes me feel much better that this is not a defect.

"We have found that there is some minor HF oscillation, most people cannot hear it....I can't. This is normal. Shunting a cab block does make the HF go away. Our engineer had to really listen for this, our head tech cannot hear it at all, just like myself."

Could this condition affect the quality of the Tone Matching process?
Is it possible to remove it? I think you said shunted the CAB block? Could you elaborate a bit?

Back
Top Bottom