Bug? High-pitched freakout

ChesterHemmer

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Axe-FX II XL to Ares 1.03. I've never had a problem with this unit before, but recently I noticed every once in a while the Axe-FX kind of "freaks out" and emits a high-pitched noise at max volume on both outputs. The OUT 1 CLIP and OUT 2 CLIP LEDs go on, solid-red, and I power-cycle the unit to get it to go away. I haven't tried any other remedy than a power cycle because I freak out too when it happens, as I quickly try to protect my ears and my monitors.

It only seems to happen when I am editing on Axe-Edit (I'm on version 3.14.5, on Windows), and I'm not completely sure, but it might be only when I'm moving presets around in the Axe-Manage Presets tool.

I searched around and couldn't find any references to this in the forums already. I'm hoping its just a glitch related to Axe-Edit? I'd hate for this to get triggered during a show, (which I have coming up soon). I don't use axe-edit during a show, and I haven't noticed this when I'm rehearsing or playing at home unconnected to my PC.

Thanks...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom