High Gainers - safe to move from 9.02 - 11?

diggi

Inspired
I dialed back to 9.02 after I tried v10. The sounds I achieved in 9.02 were just more to my liking at the time, especially for chunky, tight rhythm sounds (and feel).

Has anyone made the jump from 9.02 to 11 whilst bypassing 10 all together?

I know there will be many who'd like to comment stating that they achieved great sounds with 10, but that is not what I'm interested in. I'd just like to know if anyone has done what I've mentioned above and had good success so far. Just trying to keep the thread short and pointed :)

Thank you very much all!

Go to 10 or 11 and use the V9 modeling option in the global settings. The extra stuff since then makes it more than worth it. Also, with Fractal Bot it is so easy to go between firmwares now. If you don't like it just go back to 9. It will take you all of 2-3 minutes to go back and forth.

Just don't forget to backup your patches first. I didn't try the beta, I just don't like betas in general, but the latest official firmware is great for high gain stuff.

just give yourself time... I personally don't mess with all the modeling version things... he's improving things for a reason, and usually you can tweak out something if it's bothering you. 11 is a big difference in the highs and lows for me, just have to adjust some things.

just give yourself time... I personally don't mess with all the modeling version things... he's improving things for a reason, and usually you can tweak out something if it's bothering you. 11 is a big difference in the highs and lows for me, just have to adjust some things.

I agree but I get where Diggi is coming from. V9 did have this something special to it with the high gain stuff. All the tones were glassy and polished right off the bat. V10/11 has made them sound a LOT more like the real amps which don't always sound polished without some work. I'm not sure which one is better depending on what the situation calls for but I know that being able to switch the modeling version while keeping all the new stuff is a great feature for people.

Thanks guys. Again, I'm not interested in v10 at the moment - just wanted to see if anyone had gone from v9.02 - straight to v11 without losing that "something" v9.02 had for high gain rhythms.

Excellent feed back gents!

11beta is AWESOME! I did not need to change any of my presets and the sound was exceptional. It is more responsive and dynamic.

diggi, I had nice presets in 9.02 but in 10 they didn't sound correct. Then I made new presets with another technology (2 amps + drive mix), they was awesome until I tried FW11. Now there is all my presets from FW 9 and 10 sounds ugly in FW 11. And I can't adjust anything to make them correct, there is too much low-mids with my mids at 0.

Last edited:
Still super happy with v9.02 for the heavy stuff, cleans, everything. I haven't even bothered to update anything. After reading some complaints about v10 I just figured if it ain't broke don't fix it.

if you like 9.02 I reckon you'll adore 11b

it's like 9.02 with a coat of polish on the highs, tighter yet thicker low end..
and has 'that feeling' like you're stood next to the amp when it's haulin' ass..

Back
Top Bottom