High Gain tone sounds digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only the Axe-Fx had some means to provide frequency specific adjustments of gain.... somehow Cliff most of totally forgot to provide any means of equalization in any of the various blocks, because lets face it, there is simply no means to remedy a "scooped" mid-range.

For what its worth as well, if you don't like the thin and weak sound of your "bloc cab", there are literally tens of thousands of different IR's you can load, not to mention the ability to mix two cab blocks together, or even mix a bunch of IR's together in the "cab lab" software.

On top of that, there are a lot of parameters in the "bloc cab" which you can adjust, as are there in the amp block....

Thanks for your help.
But I know how the Axe FX works.
Don't worry ;)

I compare IRs to mic'd cabs, not cabs in the room. I made enough IRs - I mean hundreds - to hear what they lack compared with the original mic'd cab.
Guys, what speedloader says can make sense since a real cab is not really a linear time invariant filter like an IR. It exhibits compression, distortion and the frequency response changes based on spl levels, 3 aspects an IR can't model.
And if you've noticed it, last 3 or 4 major firmware updates have been about speaker drive and speaker comp, there should be a reason..
@speedloader have you tried messing with this parameters to match the real cab to the IR? And also, have you ever tried or tried to shoot IRs for Acustica Nebula plugin?

Grunge ruined my touring career

tenor.gif

Thanks for your help.
But I know how the Axe FX works.
Don't worry ;)

I'm not sure you do. The "bloc cab" convolves an IR with the audio. This is a mathematical operation. The same IR will sound the same whether it's processed by our bloc cab or Two-Note or anyone else's bloc cab. To say that our bloc cab sounds "scooped and thinner in the mid frequencies" shows a fundamental misunderstanding in how these things work.

Last edited:
I'm not sure you do. The "bloc cab" convolves an IR with the audio. This is a mathematical operation. The same IR will sound the same whether it's processed by our bloc cab or Two-Note or anyone else's bloc cab. To say that our bloc cab sounds "scooped and thinner in the mid frequencies" shows an extraordinary lack of understanding in how these things work.

I was not talking about mathematical operation of an IR or how the bloc cab works in the Axe FX.
Only that I knew that there are EQ in the Axe FX to sculpt the amp sound.

It was all in cheeky fun with us repeating "bloc cab" a few times, but moving forward, lets switch to the proper "cab block", eh ?

Or Metallica, or Anthrax, or Slayer, or Iron Maiden, or Judas Priest, or Ozzy, and on and on... lol
They all hit the Rock and Metal lottery......especially that brain dead Ozzy.Anthrax and Slayer still play bars in my hood here around Phoenix.Maiden sells out oversea's and does well in the states too.Last Priest show I saw here was a couple of yrs ago at our state fair.......maybe 3k attended.Priest is my fave band bar none!

They all hit the Rock and Metal lottery.....

And you didn't, just like a bajillion other bands that never went anywhere for any number of reasons having nothing to do with a genre of music they don't particularly like.

You drawing a direct correlation between Nirvana's success and your failure is dubious at best. You're talking about a genre full of bands staffed by kids who idolized Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Sex Pistols, The Who, David Bowie, et cetera and so on and so forth.

Maybe some self-reflection is in order instead of blaming the Big Bad. Maybe you failed to adapt to a changing world. Maybe your band had a few interesting original tunes but you weren't going ever really anywhere anyway. Maybe it was just bad timing....

...but it sure as shootin' wasn't grunge's fault.

I'm gonna go listen to some Alice In Chains.

And you didn't, just like a bajillion other bands that never went anywhere for any number of reasons having nothing to do with a genre of music they don't particularly like.

You drawing a direct correlation between Nirvana's success and your failure is dubious at best. You're talking about a genre full of bands staffed by kids who idolized Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Sex Pistols, The Who, David Bowie, et cetera and so on and so forth.

Maybe some self-reflection is in order instead of blaming the Big Bad. Maybe you failed to adapt to a changing world. Maybe your band had a few interesting original tunes but you weren't going ever really anywhere anyway. Maybe it was just bad timing....

...but it sure as shootin' wasn't grunge's fault.

I'm gonna go listen to some Alice In Chains.
Ummmmm........no I admire good musicianship.Kurt cobain was a heroin loser and shitty musician and thank the stars that asshat sucked on the barrel of a shotgun 24 years ago so we would never again be tortured by that things so called music ever again.Dave Grohl actually did it right after that loser off'ed himself.

Nirvana for some reason was pushed by radio.......radio was paid big bucks by their label to play them.People are pure sheep and will abide by whatever mainstream media shoves down their throats at any time,any year of their pathetic lives.Same goes with facebook and all the other social media garbage today.Back in nirvana's day it was only radio.Any human on this planet that actually thinks nirvana was a talented band is one beer short of a six pack and most likely can not even tie their own shoe laces.

Ummmmm........no I admire good musicianship.Kurt cobain was a heroin loser and shitty musician and thank the stars that asshat sucked on the barrel of a shotgun 24 years ago so we would never again be tortured by that things so called music ever again.Dave Grohl actually did it right after that loser off'ed himself.
You need a Snickers bar....

And I disagree with you completely.

Nirvana for some reason was pushed by radio.......radio was paid big bucks by their label to play them.People are pure sheep and will abide by whatever mainstream media shoves down their throats at any time,any year of their pathetic lives.Same goes with facebook and all the other social media garbage today.Back in nirvana's day it was only radio.Any human on this planet that actually thinks nirvana was a talented band is one beer short of a six pack and most likely can not even tie their own shoe laces.

I’m a pre-med EMT former Marine with a pilots license and an instrument rating who’s getting a degree in Developmental Biology and Genetics in a few months and also thinks that Nirvana was genius in its own way. I can tie my own shoes, too. This has got to be a forum record for fewest days from join to blocked. I’d say have a nice life but I am concerned that you’re incapable.

disgusting, you should be ashamed of yourself...

I’m a pre-med EMT former Marine with a pilots license and an instrument rating who’s getting a degree in Developmental Biology and Genetics in a few months and also thinks that Nirvana was genius in its own way. I can tie my own shoes, too. This has got to be a forum record for fewest days from join to blocked. I’d say have a nice life but I am concerned that you’re incapable.
Wow......impressive.Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom