High Gain Tone Matches so far...No tweaking or patch alteration...just the results...

ari

Inspired

Lemme know what you think. Demo 2 has the amps that I tone matched in the comments...FIRE AWAY and please tell me what I'm doing wrong if i am..Thanks! I'm in a whole new world now with each new amp...Ari

sounds pretty good, love the noodlin. How bout sharin some patches? where did you match the tones from?

I can upload the patches tomorrow, but with tone match the whole magic is that it matches your guitar! None of the TM patches I downloaded really worked for me. I have an Anderson drop top. Haven't tried with my LP yet. As for the tracks, many were from tone finder.com

A lot of those sound really great, but why do all the Mesa matches sound so dark? Every time it was a Mesa amp it sounded like there was a blanket other the speakers.

How about sharing the original sources (wav, mp3, etc...) you did the matches with (except maybe those Mesa ones ;))?

Last edited:
I can upload the patches tomorrow, but with tone match the whole magic is that it matches your guitar! None of the TM patches I downloaded really worked for me.

Exactly - thats the point! I`m wondering people asking for sharing TM presets, copying a special sound from Guitar-Star XY. Those matchings have to be done by matching the clip by playing of your own guitar. The result is can match perfectly BUT you match also your used guitar with dedicated PU select within!

The ONLY thing what make sense to share would be matchings done with a test tone signal through both, the reference and the local signal. This cannot be done with recorded material - for sure. But it can and should (!) be done with real Amps. Those guitar independent matchings, i call it AMP matching (with test tone!) instead of tonematching (with guitar as local test tone), would make serious sense to share!

For this reason i wrote a tutorial with preset template for amp matching. More here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...tching-sinesweep-b-comparison.html#post667659

I can upload the patches tomorrow, but with tone match the whole magic is that it matches your guitar! None of the TM patches I downloaded really worked for me. I have an Anderson drop top. Haven't tried with my LP yet. As for the tracks, many were from tone finder.com

With sharing the preset`s. Another user,is in the ball park. So they can just do there own match
Simply go to Tone match block (find a good clip,refanse) Do the X-Y press,it shuld take 1 min to do :)

Sharing is caring

Thanks for the replies. Shredi, I don't have a handle on why some come out darker than others. The Triaxis clip I like a drop dark because that will be come my lead tone live (and live it opens up eq wise a-la fletcher Munson). The mark IIC clip was not dark, and perhaps the track from Adtoe was. Most of the tracks were from tonefinder.com. Also my guitar (Anderson drop top) has a quirky eq and I found it did not jive with any uploaded tone match presets. I'll gladly share later! Anyone here also find yet once you adjust an amp setting after the tone match you lose the magic of it? I think a post-eq is better for this...

With sharing the preset`s. Another user,is in the ball park. So they can just do there own match
Simply go to Tone match block (find a good clip,refanse) Do the X-Y press,it shuld take 1 min to do :)

Sharing is caring

Add in the original TM source file and then the new user can really tweak!!

Back
Top Bottom