High gain thing.

a1ex1s91

Heylo ! this is my first attempt at recording a tone i've tweaked with a lot of mindstorming (got the axe fx II for 4 weeks now).

It is double tracked.
active pickups emg 81/85.

To me , (average newbie) it sounds pretty cool and convincing. But I guess it is not rly the case!

No post EQ (dont know yet how to do it).

cheers !

Alright, here is my second attempt with drums.

So basicly , this is the stock preset, with couple tweaks, + an IR from Kalthallen Cabs

Drums , metal foundry stock preset.
Bass -> I dont even know if its noticeable

I dont know how to make my gain richer, the tracks more fuller. it's hard to explain actually eh !

you can notice how lazy I am , for not re recording one of the two tracks of the guitars that isnt properly synced.

Anyways cheers! thank's for the feedback !!

axe 2 ver 4.01

Last edited:
add some more bass (the instrument) , and cut a bit of mid in those guitar (not too much! just a bit! like 3 db around 800-1000hz) and you've got yourself a great start!

good job man!

I dont know how to make my gain richer, the tracks more fuller. it's hard to explain actually eh !

double track with different cabs that compliment each other.

consider putting another track in the middle with an unusual cab, like the 1x6 Oval. Mix it in just a bit so it fills up the frequency spectrum without becoming too prominent.

and add bass! (bass guitar I mean, not bass frequencies)

overall I think you're doing really well in avoiding the 'all-overpowering-wall-of-gain' thing.

Heylo ! I've been rethinking on what i've heard recently. (Less gain , for clearer and better High gain tones) which was surprising when I've heard that, but it went pretty well. (put gain around 1- 1.2 on both of my presets)

Overall I think the final tone, has improved in comparison to my two previous recordings.

So I have recorded quickly 4 guitars, panned hard left / right. With 2 different tones.

Drums, random metal preset in Metal foundry :lol

No bass, because I cant make it sit well in the mix, sounds odd, and i'm not happy with the tone i'm getting at the moment.

axe ver 4.01

cheers

haha ye thx!

So tonight I thought I'd try to record my first cleans. Then I felt on improvisin something over it, so I had to put drums aswell.

drums sliglty EQ-ed with few reverb on it.

Heylo ! this is my first attempt at recording a tone i've tweaked with a lot of mindstorming (got the axe fx II for 4 weeks now).

It is double tracked.
active pickups emg 81/85.

To me , (average newbie) it sounds pretty cool and convincing. But I guess it is not rly the case!

No post EQ (dont know yet how to do it).

cheers !

Love the way it sounds when you play a chord wide open. Cool! :razz

Hello ! this week I tried a stock preset (djentlmanty) I did not modify anything but the cabinet.

double tracked so far. I still need more punch / tightness / agressivity , but not quite sure how to get some :) (maybe my playing afterall )

old test, I added bass on it.

Have a great weekend.

Thx!

I've added two guitar tracks. it gives more definition, kinda..

dont mind the end

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom