high gain sustain w/ gate

mgavin

Experienced
i'm looking for a super high gain sustain that cleans up well w/ the gate, but i feel like the gate kills my note sustain.... i'm looking for a high gain lead sound like satch, govan, greg howe, sean lane, ... etc any tips welcome thanks dudes \m/

i'm looking for a super high gain sustain that cleans up well w/ the gate, but i feel like the gate kills my note sustain.... i'm looking for a high gain lead sound like satch, govan, greg howe, sean lane, ... etc any tips welcome thanks dudes \m/

How are you using the gate now. What are its settings, where do you have it located?

just play with the Threshold, you'll have to find a happy medium for noise suppression vs sustain. i use the gate/exp in front of my amp block for tightness and the gate in the layout control to take care of any amp noise.

just play with the Threshold, you'll have to find a happy medium for noise suppression vs sustain. i use the gate/exp in front of my amp block for tightness and the gate in the layout control to take care of any amp noise.

How do u set you gate/expander for tightness

send from Droid

Are you talking about tons of controlled feedback, like Flying in a Blue Dream?

Fractal Artist Ed DeGenaro uses a pedal to control the gate.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't really think any of the players you listed use high gain.. more like low to mid gain some use a drive pedal.. use medium gain with a touch of compression, delay and verb for that singing tone .. or a clean amp with a drive block then the effects ... those are some of my favorite players too :)

Back
Top Bottom