High Gain shootout with Q8 (Engl, Diezel, Friedman, Recto, Soldano, Mark IV, FAS Modern, Das Metall)

DTS

Experienced

I made all of my rhythm tones from the beginning after I updated the new FW Q8b for AX8. I used the new motor drive parameter in all of the presets and i just love this new addon!!! I decided to record these tones and see how they compare against each other and i gotta say, that i have a nice little collection here from little darker tones to cutting low mid high gain sizzle!

Amps are in this order on the clip: Engl, Diezel, Friedman, Recto, Soldano, Mark IV, FAS Modern, Das Metall

Diezel is something, that i haven't used that much before and i feel, that i still have to learn more how to dial it in. Maybe same thing with the Friedman, eventhough i have used it before. Engl Savage and Das Metall are probably my top picks here...what do you think sounds the best?

Engl has a ML Soundlab IR from the FAS Cab Pack 19. All the rest have IRs from the Ownhammer Heavy hitters collection.
412 MES V30 CUT+121 is one of my favorites. The Mark IV has that ir on the clip

Its like trying to picking one of 7 hot chicks.
cool comparison. Love to have more posts like this. Just guitar no mix

Reactions: DTS

Here is a clip in the mix. I used my other guitar also, that has Alnico V Nailbomb pickups. They sound little more open and have less output, than the OP soundsample, which was recorded with BKP Blackhawks.

Hope you guys like it.

Back
Top Bottom