• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

High Gain shootout with Q8 (Engl, Diezel, Friedman, Recto, Soldano, Mark IV, FAS Modern, Das Metall)

DropTheSun

Veteran

I made all of my rhythm tones from the beginning after I updated the new FW Q8b for AX8. I used the new motor drive parameter in all of the presets and i just love this new addon!!! I decided to record these tones and see how they compare against each other and i gotta say, that i have a nice little collection here from little darker tones to cutting low mid high gain sizzle!

Amps are in this order on the clip: Engl, Diezel, Friedman, Recto, Soldano, Mark IV, FAS Modern, Das Metall

Diezel is something, that i haven't used that much before and i feel, that i still have to learn more how to dial it in. Maybe same thing with the Friedman, eventhough i have used it before. Engl Savage and Das Metall are probably my top picks here...what do you think sounds the best?

DropTheSun

Veteran
Engl has a ML Soundlab IR from the FAS Cab Pack 19. All the rest have IRs from the Ownhammer Heavy hitters collection.
412 MES V30 CUT+121 is one of my favorites. The Mark IV has that ir on the clip

DropTheSun

Veteran

Here is a clip in the mix. I used my other guitar also, that has Alnico V Nailbomb pickups. They sound little more open and have less output, than the OP soundsample, which was recorded with BKP Blackhawks.

Hope you guys like it.

Top Bottom