High Gain patch with sag?

Anyone have a decent high gain patch that they use the sag feature with? I don't care which amp sim it is. I'm having trouble getting anything to sound ok using the sag control so I'd like to take a look at a good patch's qualities to see where I'm going wrong.

For very tight high gain patches, I use it almost to 0. Very very low... Check the Dimebag patch (don't know if it'll be good for ya).

AlbertA said:
For very tight high gain patches, I use it almost to 0. Very very low... Check the Dimebag patch (don't know if it'll be good for ya).

Thanks I'll check it out. I've been actually turning the sag off...preferring the sound that way. Seems alot more up front and in your face.

Are you talking about Bon Jovi high gain ?

or stuff like Prong.....Pantera....

or ...

It is kind of hard to get an idea of what someone's idea of high gain is without examples.

FWIW...I use a at least some sag on all my high gain patches unless I am trying for super tight Pantera like tone.

Make sure you try some of Clawfingers IR's as well, I have found different IR's can make a difference

Have you tried the Cameron amp patch from the axechange ?

joviguitarist said:
AlbertA said:

Thanks I'll check it out. I've been actually turning the sag off...preferring the sound that way. Seems alot more up front and in your face.

Yes, if you turn the sag off you'll get a very SS sound, which some higainers like.

gittarzann said:
Are you talking about Bon Jovi high gain ?

or stuff like Prong.....Pantera....

or ...

It is kind of hard to get an idea of what someone's idea of high gain is without examples.

FWIW...I use a at least some sag on all my high gain patches unless I am trying for super tight Pantera like tone.

Make sure you try some of Clawfingers IR's as well, I have found different IR's can make a difference

Have you tried the Cameron amp patch from the axechange ?

It may sound weird but I use a boosted 800 for Bon Jovi...with drives both up pretty high and a tight sound.

tried the cameron but it was very weak sounding?

I'll check out the IRs

I use a lot of Sag on my main John Petrucci-ish Mark IV tone patch (USA Lead 1 sim). I like the feel of it and the "mushyness" it adds to the tone. Along with that, I crank the Damp control even higher to keep the tightness that the Sag takes away, so it's the best of both worlds.

The settings I like are: Damp 6.65, Sag 5.43

Back
Top Bottom