High gain frying noise

Emil Sielemann

I bought my AX8 about a month ago. And in the past few weeks I've heard this "frying" type of saturation underlying the actual distortion tone. My friend who also has an AX8 tried to A/B test this. We have an identical setup. AX8 connect to a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 via s/pdif connection, going into Reaper DAW. We used the exact same custom preset. Mine gets the strange saturation, but his signal is clean. I don't know what to do about it.
Hopefully you can hear what I'm referring to

I hear a bit in the beginning, same guitars , was thinking maybe your guitar has hotter pickups. It sounds like digital distortion ?

I bought my AX8 about a month ago. And in the past few weeks I've heard this "frying" type of saturation underlying the actual distortion tone. My friend who also has an AX8 tried to A/B test this. We have an identical setup. AX8 connect to a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 via s/pdif connection, going into Reaper DAW. We used the exact same custom preset. Mine gets the strange saturation, but his signal is clean. I don't know what to do about it.
Hopefully you can hear what I'm referring to

What guitar? Active pickups? Dying battery?

That almost sounds like the monitoring is on in the DAW

Is it happening with any other preset or just that one?

Back
Top Bottom