High Gain Dizzy 10.06 sounded horrible until...

Just a thought. Maybe the 5150 Cliff modeled has stock preamp tubes or lower grade gain pres, and that's what he is hearing? If that is the case, turn up the preamp setting and your good to go. Don't know if that's even a issue when using MIMIC.

Just a thought. Maybe the 5150 Cliff modeled has stock preamp tubes or lower grade gain pres, and that's what he is hearing? If that is the case, turn up the preamp setting and your good to go. Don't know if that's even a issue when using MIMIC.

..The difference Has to be the Cab ,guitar or micing technique.

If both clips are an A2 going into a SS power amp and miced with 57's ,the cab Cliff used and the Cab on the OP clip must be vastly different

..The difference Has to be the Cab ,guitar or micing technique.

If both clips are an A2 going into a SS power amp and mic'd with 57's ,the cab Cliff used and the Cab on the OP clip must be vastly different

It doesn't matter what cab I use because they never match up. I have 5 4x12's and they don't come close no matter what cab or mic technique I use. Set at the same setting the difference is night and day. The axe has way less gain and the midrange is just out of hand compared to the real amp and its just too boxy. I've spent countless hours trying to get it close. The first thing you need to do to somehow get it on the path is turn the DAMP OFF. That takes away a lot of that terrible midrange that the 5150 doesn't have at all. Damp seems to be my enemy in most of the high gain model that have it on 10.

Could it be that your Amp is for some reason an outlier from all the 5150 block produced? i.e. you have a special one?

Could it be that your Amp is for some reason an outlier from all the 5150 block produced? i.e. you have a special one?

No. I have owned a couple 5150's and a couple 6505+'s and they all pretty much sound the same. Maybe someone else with a 5150 will do an a/b objectively and post a clip.

Back
Top Bottom