High Gain - Das Metal Amp 2! AXE FX 2 ver 4.01

Anyone got any bass patches or advice for getting a good bass sound for metal stuff? Theres bass on this track but I am not sure that I love the tone...

I like it.
As for bass patches, am sorry - am a slap bassist so probably no good for metal !
Cool composition again and thanks for sharing.

cool.

I like the 'exploding' snare cutting through the mix.
I'd like to hear the riffing guitars panned wider and a little it lower in the mix. the guitar in the middle with the 'drone' notes do need some attention, I think. Maybe a fuzzier sound.
Maestro drive or Fuzz Face through a smaller sounding speaker for contrast and a bass sound that has quite a bit of string attack (played with a pick) doubling the kick. It should have a lot of energy around 50Hz and higher up to make the string/fretting/attack sound come out. Get rid of the bass's low mids (there is plenty of that coming from the guitars) and maybe add a little ear candy here and there.
For exsample a time synced tremolo + flanger/phaser on a guitar rack to give the track identity, but in an understated kind of way. Just a short melody, you know, the right three notes... ;)

Last edited:
thanks don! good ideas man, i never use the tempo sync but i think its time i start. any ideas on tips/tools for widening the gtrs?

I really like this! It's very locomotive. Yeah, that's it. Locomotive. Dark, heavy, powerful, pumping, steady... Locomotive 8)

Steam-Locomotive.jpg

Just imagine riding this baby, ploughing trough town going total destruction derby-twisted metal-vigilante, listening to this stuff 8)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom