High frequency cut for IR's

Richard

Hey guys,

Quick question. I just got my JBL EON 612 and so far so good. I am realizing that my patches sound really shrill though. I cut the highs on the cab edit page. But it seems like I am only happy with it once I get it down to around 2500-2000. Am I missing something? Is there another parameter that can help with that?

Wow, that's pretty low? What did you monitor through when you setup your presets? High volumes will exaggerate the highs, but not that much?. The EONs are probably hyping the highs too, but again, not that much?

You may be trying to make it sound like a guitar cabs off-axis tone, which is much different than the close miked tone that the AX8 recreates?

If you could post a clip and/or the preset, it would help.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to dive deeper into the EQ curve with the JBL tonight. I had it set to the monitor eq curve and it's possible that the highs are really emphasized in that setting.

Nevermind. It had to do with my patch I created. Every other factory present I played sounded utterly amazing when I played them through the JBL. It was my stupidity. LOL!
Great To hear you're happy. My first pa speakers were eon's and I wasn't a fan personally.

But I do miss having speakers as light as they are.

Nevermind. It had to do with my patch I created. Every other factory present I played sounded utterly amazing when I played them through the JBL. It was my stupidity. LOL!
Glad you're getting it sorted..

Back
Top Bottom