High end guitar builders that offer thin neck profiles?

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Does anyone know of any high end guitar builders that offer thin neck profiles?

I'm talking about necks like original Ibanez Wizard dimensions... And guitars of the Suhr / Anderson quality.

For me, the difference between 17mm and 19mm is very noticeable and from what I can find, the Suhr and Anderson are closer to 20mm at the nut for the thinnest necks.

Thanks

Kevin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure if you get the exact dimensions up, it would be easy to copy the profile. Or maybe send them the neck and have them copy it. One of my best friends has built me 2 fully custom guitars and they stomp every other high end guitar I've ever touched. Not sure exactly what you want built, but I can put you in touch with him. The guitars in my avatar are the ones he built for me. He is also very reasonable with pricing.. Trust me mine are fully decked out down to flamed maple fretboard binding, ss frets, and fiber optic side dots with on off switches.

Edit: he is also in Cali so he may be close enough you can drop by and talk in person on what your instrument needs are.

I'm sure if you get the exact dimensions up, it would be easy to copy the profile. Or maybe send them the neck and have them copy it. One of my best friends has built me 2 fully custom guitars and they stomp every other high end guitar I've ever touched. Not sure exactly what you want built, but I can put you in touch with him. The guitars in my avatar are the ones he built for me. He is also very reasonable with pricing.. Trust me mine are fully decked out down to flamed maple fretboard binding, ss frets, and fiber optic side dots with on off switches.

Edit: he is also in Cali so he may be close enough you can drop by and talk in person on what your instrument needs are.

Does he have a website or Facebook page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he has a website but he never updates it. His site doesnt have even a fraction of his work on it because he hasn't updated it in years.

Custom guitars by Rob - RRR custom Guitars

He's always sending me teasers of new stuff he's working on.

I managed to see some of the guitars he built - that web site is really, really painfully slow! Maybe I can work a deal and setup a site for him in exchange for a guitar ;)

I found a few pics on google images, including your photobucket ones... and I remember you posting those here because of the inlays!

What part of California is he located in? I really like the kind of "silver quilt" on a couple of the guitars pictured on his site.

My luthier has built me several custom guitars with thin necks. Just find a good one in your area and he will built you amy neck you want! It cost me about 2500-3000$ for an all custom built and I can get exactly what I want! Once you go that route, you never go back! No more brand name guitar for me! I have 4 custom built for every situation and I'm a happy camper!!!

My luthier has built me several custom guitars with thin necks. Just find a good one in your area and he will built you amy neck you want! It cost me about 2500-3000$ for an all custom built and I can get exactly what I want! Once you go that route, you never go back! No more brand name guitar for me! I have 4 custom built for every situation and I'm a happy camper!!!

I guess that's what I'm trying to find here - via recommendations ;)

Yeah I know, but mine is located about 15 km from my house which is about 6000 km from yours!! But I'm sure there's a good one near you waiting for your call!! Hope you'll find it!! Cheers!!

I managed to see some of the guitars he built - that web site is really, really painfully slow! Maybe I can work a deal and setup a site for him in exchange for a guitar ;)

I found a few pics on google images, including your photobucket ones... and I remember you posting those here because of the inlays!

What part of California is he located in? I really like the kind of "silver quilt" on a couple of the guitars pictured on his site.

He's in the San Diego area. Yeah that site is old and never used. A friend of his set it up years ago but it never gets maintained or updated. I tried to talk him into doing a Facebook page but he never really gave it much thought. He will post from time to time on his personal page with new builds.

Haha yeah the inlays are def one offs ;-) everything he does is all by hand including the inlays. No CNC on any of it.

It cost me about 2500-3000$ for an all custom built and I can get exactly what I want! Once you go that route, you never go back! No more brand name guitar for me! I have 4 custom built for every situation and I'm a happy camper!!!

EXACTLY! Screw paying 3k or more for mass produced stuff. I'd rather have a one off with everything the way I want it :D

Frame Forum IV; 18mm/12" radius in standard version. If you want a high end finish you can order them in custom version. Mine is a second hand 450€ custom version with a high end piezo preamp + double PU split (external or internal SC), graph tech nut + saddles, no inscription on the fret board like it's standard versions and Schaller Golden 50 PU's. Most rapid and playable neck I ever had.

Video of the factory : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0hxL0-Kyms

You can hear some work I did with it here, and I'm a poor guitar player (sorry) : https://soundcloud.com/laukelux/le-cameleon (start at 2:00 to skip the 1st part)

BTW, I'm not working for them :)

Attachments

• 20150118_131319.jpg
    20150118_131319.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 32
Frame Forum IV; 18mm/12" radius in standard version. If you want a high end finish you can order them in custom version. Mine is a second hand 450€ custom version with a high end piezo preamp + double PU split (external or internal SC), graph tech nut + saddles, no inscription on the neck and Schaller Golden 50 PU's. Most rapid and playable neck I ever had.
You can hear some work with it here :

Frame Forum IV; 18mm/12" radius in standard version. If you want a high end finish you can order them in custom version. Mine is a second hand 450€ custom version with a high end piezo preamp + double PU split (external or internal SC), graph tech nut + saddles, no inscription on the fret board like it's standard versions and Schaller Golden 50 PU's. Most rapid and playable neck I ever had.

Video of the factory : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0hxL0-Kyms

You can hear some work I did with it here, and I'm a poor guitar player (sorry) : https://soundcloud.com/laukelux/le-cameleon (start at 2:00 to skip the 1st part)

BTW, I'm not working for them :)

Those are quite nice looking. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surprised these haven't been mentioned before. I guess one might consider them medium grade options, however, they both offer the highest quality woods. Not much difference.

MusicKraft - I just ordered a custom profiled neck from them, all high grade roasted maple. Additionally, they offer graphite reinforcement rods as an option. Fantastic customer service.

Warmoth - a more popular choice with roasted options as well. No graphite rods though. You are limited to the options on their website.

If you're after thin profiles, have a look at KxK. Their website is a bit on the lousy side but holy smokes can Rob build some seriously nice guitars.

KxK - Made in the USA only, and only by KxK guitars.

I had a singlecut KxK 7 a while back and actually sold it off because the neck profile was too thin for me. Absolutely outstanding guitar though, and his customer service was top notch.

Surprised these haven't been mentioned before. I guess one might consider them medium grade options, however, they both offer the highest quality woods. Not much difference.

MusicKraft - I just ordered a custom profiled neck from them, all high grade roasted maple. Additionally, they offer graphite reinforcement rods as an option. Fantastic customer service.

Warmoth - a more popular choice with roasted options as well. No graphite rods though. You are limited to the options on their website.

Thanks, although I am looking for builders and not parts [emoji5]

But I was not aware of MusicKraft... So still good to know!

If you're after thin profiles, have a look at KxK. Their website is a bit on the lousy side but holy smokes can Rob build some seriously nice guitars.

KxK - Made in the USA only, and only by KxK guitars.

I had a singlecut KxK 7 a while back and actually sold it off because the neck profile was too thin for me. Absolutely outstanding guitar though, and his customer service was top notch.

I'll check them out. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom