high end crackle- ice pick frequencies

cannibal

I notice that I'm constantly trying to tune this sound out. Ever since I plugged the fx8 in, it sounds like some sort of clipping at super high frequencies. No clip lights though.
When I sit in front of my cabinet, it really is like an ice pick to the ears. I did not have this issue before the fx8.
IS there some sort of setting I'm missing, something global, cause it's in all my self made presets.

Also, I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but.....

I'm also having trouble balancing volumes of scenes, when certain blocks are engaged. Is there an overall output setting for the scene?
For example, I'm using x and y for my drive. x is scooped and y has a more vintage mid bump. Naturally, y is louder due to the EQing.....so how do I compensate? Im doing it with the level setting but that affects my gain, which I don't want...there must be an easier way...

I may have solved the ice pick problem ,at least in part.
I moved my chorus from post to pre and its better now.

but I still need to figure out the volume issue...

I think I found it, in the gate/out tab.
But heres the problem, I have copied my rhythm channel as scene 1 in 2 different presets and its louder and a little bright in one.
I have only 3 blocks which I cut and paste, theoretically, they should be identical, but they are not.

found it. I had the chorus block in a different location in the config tab.
Sorry for the last few posts, but I put my findings up in case anyone else has this issue in the future...

Thanks again!

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom