High and low cut in cab block....settings???

If you have a 3rd party series of irs that go from bright to dark experiment with using one of the darker IR's with less hi cut vs hi cut on 5 or 6k on a neutral sounding ir

For playing live I think the consensus is 80/8000. Read this in the forum before and seems to put Me right on point against other guys real tube amp and 412. If your using a cab for an acoustic sim you may want a wider range Lower and higher as well as synth stuff but for guitar those are good numbers. Things that have a lot of low end like the mesa amps 7-8 string guitars you may try to raise the low cut to 120 range. It would also depend on what live amp and cabinet gear your using. I'm using Matrix/Seymour Duncan amps and Xitone wedges. Now if your setup is for recording I'm clueless. I use maybe 15 different cab IR's some stock some OH. Seems to work the same across all of those.

use my ears, cut highs if too sizzle lows if too much thump. also would use MORE cuts the higher volume, ie FM EFFECT

100 low cut
7000 (ish) on the high cut

Just be careful with the high cut - taking too much off the high end make the guitar sound nice and smooth but in a live/studio mix the guitar disappears - a little sizzle comes in handy when cutting through

Purely subjective, too many variables, hearing, monitors, guitar, cords, lots of stuff that can make it different. I take out the lows if it's woofy, till it stops, and then pull highs till the harshness goes away.

Back
Top Bottom