High 96% CPU issue with Tyler Grund's Stevie Ray Vaughan Tone

GotMetalBoy

Power User
I followed Tyler Grund's "Axe-Fx 2: Stevie Ray Vaughan Guitar Tone Video Tutorial" but my CPU keeps going up to 96% and the sound keeps getting static and cutting out because of it :( I noticed in his video that his CPU only goes up to 88%. What am I doing wrong?

Here's the link to Tyler Grund's awesome tutorial! http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...e-ray-vaughan-guitar-tone-video-tutorial.html

Gear I'm using:
Axe-Fx II Mark I 19.00
Axe-Edit 3.2.0
HP Laptop with Windows 7 Pro 32bit
FAMC LF+ Pro+ 4.25
FAMC LF+ Editor 4.27

Make sure your cab blocks aren't set to stereo ultrares. Also insure cab block pre's aren't enabled. Since his preset in the video is fairly basic as far as effects and routing, the cab blocks are the most likely place for cpu hogging. Next biggest cpu impact would be hq reverb, but you should be able to get away with it.

G'day Metalboy,

I had the same results on an XL+ and ended up removing blocks I didn't want to use. It's just a case of getting rid of what you can get away with. Another method to reduce processor consumption is to use normal quality reverb but high quality sounds soooo much better and is intrinsic to this sound.

Thanks
Pauly

I followed Tyler Grund's "Axe-Fx 2: Stevie Ray Vaughan Guitar Tone Video Tutorial" but my CPU keeps going up to 96% and the sound keeps getting static and cutting out because of it :( I noticed in his video that his CPU only goes up to 88%. What am I doing wrong?

Here's the link to Tyler Grund's awesome tutorial! http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...e-ray-vaughan-guitar-tone-video-tutorial.html

Gear I'm using:
Axe-Fx II Mark I 19.00
Axe-Edit 3.2.0
HP Laptop with Windows 7 Pro 32bit
FAMC LF+ Pro+ 4.25
FAMC LF+ Editor 4.27

Won't having axe edit running give you a bump in cpu? Or maybe it's just being plugged into the usb of your laptop.

Won't having axe edit running give you a bump in cpu? Or maybe it's just being plugged into the usb of your laptop.

usually only about 1% more or so. it's probably Cabs or Reverb at hi res or something.

G'day Metalboy,

I had the same results on an XL+ and ended up removing blocks I didn't want to use. It's just a case of getting rid of what you can get away with. Another method to reduce processor consumption is to use normal quality reverb but high quality sounds soooo much better and is intrinsic to this sound.

Thanks
Pauly

82% here..on XL+

Pauly and Stratman68,

What firmware are you using? Also, did you load the preset file or watch the video and create it from scratch?

I watched the video and created the preset from scratch because Tyler Grund's website shows he has an Axe-Fx II XL with Quantum 1.00, so the preset file isn't compatible with my Axe-Fx II Mark I with 19.00.

Also you don't need two cab blocks as in the video as it's using the same IR and mic. One cab block brings down the CPU to 59%

Download it from his site and compare it to yours. I can't remember off the top of my head, but CPU was like 83% or something on my old non-XL AxeFXII. Running Quantum here too so that may be the difference.

G'day Metalboy,

I'm on Quantum (of course ahem).
I did not follow the tutorial 100% however i found the CPU issue in Tylers original SRV preset.

Thanks
Pauly

Pauly and Stratman68,

What firmware are you using? Also, did you load the preset file or watch the video and create it from scratch?

I watched the video and created the preset from scratch because Tyler Grund's website shows he has an Axe-Fx II XL with Quantum 1.00, so the preset file isn't compatible with my Axe-Fx II Mark I with 19.00.

he's on Quantum 1.0 beta, so that might may have something to do with it.

So am I MG-I'm at 82% as posted above. I also have the original FW 20 tyler posted. Both are at 82*.....no editing at all....So I don't see a cpu issue-.....just sayin and trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom