Wish Hide empty slots in cab picker

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
I know folks were lobbying to grey out empty slots in the cab picker, which Axe-Edit now does.

But on-unit or in the editor, when you're picking cabs to use, why show empty slots at all?
They're not useful as cabs.
If you actually don't want a cab, bypass or omit the block.

Of course when you're importing new IRs you need to see them, but that's really the only time I think.

Seems basic.

So Axe-people, why isn't this getting upvoted a lot? It's not complicated, seems like a significant improvement.

So Axe-people, why isn't this getting upvoted a lot? It's not complicated, seems like a significant improvement.
Personally, I'd rather have a utility that would remove the unused ones and 'defrag' the ones left - moving each one up to the first unused spot and adjusting the presets that referred to it so the link to it is not lost.

Personally, I'd rather have a utility that would remove the unused ones and 'defrag' the ones left - moving each one up to the first unused spot and adjusting the presets that referred to it so the link to it is not lost.
That'd be cool too, but I still see absolutely zero reason to show empty slots when you're trying to pick a cab. They're 100% useless in that context.

Also, the whole defrag and adjust paradigm goes away if presets store the hash of the cab waveform instead of its position, like Helix does now. There's a wishlist thread for that.

That'd be cool too, but I still see absolutely zero reason to show empty slots when you're trying to pick a cab. They're 100% useless in that context.

Also, the whole defrag and adjust paradigm goes away if presets store the hash of the cab waveform instead of its position, like Helix does now. There's a wishlist thread for that.
The hash thing would be nice because then downloaded presets wouldn't require the IR to bet put in the exact same slot.

The hash thing would be nice because then downloaded presets wouldn't require the IR to bet put in the exact same slot.
Exactly.

Plus you could reorganize your IRs without breaking your presets.

In an ideal world, you could even point it at your your whole collection of IRs, and if you loaded a preset that used an IR you had in your collection but that wasn't on your Axe at the time, it could tell you you have it, and offer to load it into a slot of your choosing.

+1,000,000.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom