Hi, I'm loving the Axe-Fx and the MkIIC+ model

ieso

Hi there, my first icebreaker post. I've had the XL+ for a while now and I'm having a blast with the Boogie MkIIC+ model. Here's a tiny 30 second lead sound -- I was just messing around a bit -- with the neck pickup on a MMJP15. Nice and wooly but still clear and crisp. Anyway, nice to finally join the community.

Edit: I see I can't link to anything. Never mind. Mods, please feel free delete this post and sorry for the bother.

soundcloud.com/infinite-ego/wigsferpigs

Last edited:
Can you post you Preset for that lead sound...very nice . (You should be able to attach it to a reply)...How do you like you JP15...I have one on order and i cant wait ( another 2 months...aaaarrrrrhhhgggggg!!!!).

Can you post you Preset for that lead sound...very nice . (You should be able to attach it to a reply)...How do you like you JP15...I have one on order and i cant wait ( another 2 months...aaaarrrrrhhhgggggg!!!!).
Thanks. The JP15 is pretty incredible with a few quirks that I am learning to live with.
I'm attaching the preset. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Infinite Ego Mark II C+ Bright.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 35
The Boogie MkIIC+ in the AX8 is one of the reasons I chose the AX8 and let go of my Kemper. Love it that amp!

Thanks. The JP15 is pretty incredible with a few quirks that I am learning to live with.
I'm attaching the preset. Enjoy.
Just heard my JP15 should be here next week. My issue with the Axe is that I am either playing through a Bose PA or KRK studio Monitors and I cant dial in a great sound yet. I will throw a couple of presets on here tomorrow...if you get time you are welcome to tweak and send them back.

Also what was you recording set up ....the reason i ask is that when i load up your preset on my rig it doesn't sound much like your audio clip... which is the exact scenario that happens when ever someone posts a recording and the associated preset...maybe its the guitar I'm using...I've only had it 4 weeks.

One example is that a few people have posted recordings using the Petrucci Rhythum #82 and they sounded awesome...it sounds like crap when i use that preseto_O

Just heard my JP15 should be here next week. My issue with the Axe is that I am either playing through a Bose PA or KRK studio Monitors and I cant dial in a great sound yet. I will throw a couple of presets on here tomorrow...if you get time you are welcome to tweak and send them back.

Also what was you recording set up ....the reason i ask is that when i load up your preset on my rig it doesn't sound much like your audio clip... which is the exact scenario that happens when ever someone posts a recording and the associated preset...maybe its the guitar I'm using...I've only had it 4 weeks.

One example is that a few people have posted recordings using the Petrucci Rhythum #82 and they sounded awesome...it sounds like crap when i use that preseto_O

Hi,

My recording chain on that little thing was guitar -- AxeFX -- UAD Apollo Quad -- DAW -- a Pultec high pass EQ to take just a little bit of low end out -- on the stereo bus there was a Shadow Hills mastering comp and a Manley Massive Passive mastering EQ -- back out to the Apollo -- monitoring on a set of 15-year-old Tannoy speakers and sometimes I'll check with an old pair of AKG K701 headphones. My room is also large with lots of treatment on the non-parallel walls. It could just be the room. Every mix will sound really different from one playback environment to the next. A good pair of ref. headphones is always handy as a way to 'subtract' the room.

Back
Top Bottom