Hi I am new

Alec C

After a tormenting year of deciding to jump in, I made the move to the Fractal III.....I went through what

probably many of you did who are used to tubes and pedals....

No I am not a tube snob, I keep an open mind.

I am a home player and I am slowly building a studio...

I tried the Helix first, I bought it at Guitar Center, I got a discount and it is no hassle to return.

I didnt like it............

Then the Kemper.....Almost...but why pay for the cloning, which I was never going to do....

and it wasnt strong on effects.....it went back.

I was afraid to do the Fractal, because I thought it might be a pain to return if I didnt like it...

Then they had the sale, and I said what the hell.....

In my opinion it is clearly superior to those units and has many useful presets without tweaking....

I am running it through JBL LSR305s.....I am past the return period, so it is staying.

Some sounds are way beyond my expectations and others need work.

Some guitars sound better than others,

but I have not done any serious tweaking......

At this point is a wonderful tool for creativity and practice......I will retain my amps and pedals.

As I progress and if it gets even better, as I suspect it will, I will bring it more into my mainstream and get

Mission Engineering speakers for it.......

It is a different experience, and took a bit for me to adjust to hearing. Once I thought more like I was monitoring a properly finished sound in the studio, it worked much better. The III has reached that place where I have trouble telling the difference, which is a good thing.

Thanks for the welcome...I like to look at the Fractal this way....Not how it compares to Tubes and Pedals, but as a new tool in the arsenal.

I will be moving in about 8 months and I will not be setting up my "Studio" until then.....So I am using this time to just get familiar.

The Fractal may be the "Studio" and I may use my other stuff for just playing, or I may integrate everything...

I had just bought the Boss ES-8 to control my pedal board and have not set that up yet.

I dont want to sound like some super guitar player or guitar technology expert...I am average at best and I am back in it after a long layoff.

I was a Firefighter at Ground Zero and I have some ailments that are affecting my hands, but I am doing well..I think guitar playing

actually helps...So this is just one big experiment...and a lot of fun.

I hope to learn a lot about the Fractal here....Thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom