Hi guys

Heey buddy,
Many thanks for great advices, I'll surely start tomorrow with those suggestions.
I've noticed at one point that after several hours your ears ain't that fresh anymore, and probably fed up and tired of all that noise.
Sincerely
Alex

Yesterday received exp pedal, and as already mentioned it was ment to be used (in the first place ) for wha.. Did calibration, and made settings (traditional up position as activating starting point), but in one way or another I'm not getting great sound in combination with high gain sounds ...kinda fizzy in high regions. Wha is placed between drive and amp section and probably gotta tweak it here and there to get good sound .
Regarding tweaking amp settings: we have lots of things to cover...input drive, overdrive, input drive trim, master, master trim, level, saturation you name it ....
Amps like super reverbs, twins are kinda easy to dial in. Dumblish types needs more tweaking and frankly I'm not really good on this one, so gotta spend some more hours fixing a desired sound.
Another thing....since gate mostly comes after the amp section , how comes that this one is placed once more in the input section? Last but not least, sorry again voor newbie questions..
Cheerio amigos

Wha is placed between drive and amp section
Wah placement is up to your taste... I personally prefer it before any Drives. It is usually the first thing in my chain after the Compressor.

since gate mostly comes after the amp section , how comes that this one is placed once more in the input section?

Noise originates before the amp. Usually from the guitar. Gating the signal works well.

You can always turn that off and add Gate block wherever you want in the chain.

Thnx Unix, I'll give it a try next time before the overdrive
Something else guys....since I'm not using the volume pedal, what would be the best option for rhythm/lead option?
- just to make one scene for rhythm and another one for lead?( and if yes what could be the best option: more master, more level or second scene with higher output)
- or just to give it a boost in the chain by PEQ ..?
Any input (and output) welcome
Thnx mates

Thnx Unix, I'll give it a try next time before the overdrive
Something else guys....since I'm not using the volume pedal, what would be the best option for rhythm/lead option?
- just to make one scene for rhythm and another one for lead?( and if yes what could be the best option: more master, more level or second scene with higher output)
- or just to give it a boost in the chain by PEQ ..?
Any input (and output) welcome
Thnx mates
There are half a dozen (at least) ways to boost. Some achieve the same results while others don't.

Do you just want louder? More drive? Both?

I use scenes to make the changes I need. It works for my approach.

Yeah, just louder buddy...not more gain, or to cut more through the mix, just more volume. So, just as I thought, another scene would be the best solution...

Yeah, that's also a possibility...but I prefer overall volume boost instead of increasing of the midrange only ..

Yeah, just louder buddy...not more gain, or to cut more through the mix, just more volume. So, just as I thought, another scene would be the best solution...
If just a volume boost, you can just use a Null Filter block or a Volume block. Turn it on with a scene or just assign a button to bypass/engage the block, or use a Control Switch.

For activating a single block a scene might be overkill...

Place the block after the Amp but before ambient effects like Reverb and Delay.

Heey mates,
Newbie here again...thought to give you some rest and not to bother you this week, but here some developments.
The "boost" issue is solved by PEQ block after the amp. Used whole week for shaping and fine tuning of the settings. Also found out that spending longer than a three hours on sound settings is just more than enough. After a hour time out and listening back of what i've created also found out that fresh ears have totally diferent perception, and sound that you've made just before you left the rehearsal room isn't quite something great. Starting all over again.
This weekend succeed in making different scenes with two different amps (from scratch), spend some time on shaping the amps settings like bias, frequenties and so on, and so on. Made some very decent clean and ovedrive sounds, but got also a question for more experienced fractal brothers and sisters. When using two amps (AXY) , is there also a possibility to change two different cabs as well? I couldn't find out how, i knew that there were different presents met two cabs in stereo, but my knowledge is at this moment not on the "next level".
The problem is when i make nice clean sound in combination with good cab this doesn't match that well with overdriven amp.
Like always respect and thanx in advance
Alex

When using two amps (AXY) , is there also a possibility to change two different cabs as well? I couldn't find out how, i knew that there were different presents met two cabs in stereo, but my knowledge is at this moment not on the "next level".
Not an AX-8 owner, but the Cab block also has X/Y, I believe.

Ha ha buddy, to get back to your overkill suggestion... in my first scene I use axy switching. There must be a option to change (without sacrificing the other scene) the cab as well, right? Cause when you have x-y option in amp section, and x-y option in the cab section then I don't have to change the scene...I guess

Ha ha buddy, to get back to your overkill suggestion... in my first scene I use axy switching. There must be a option to change (without sacrificing the other scene) the cab as well, right? Cause when you have x-y option in amp section, and x-y option in the cab section then I don't have to change the scene...I guess
I don't understand what you're saying.

Are you assigning a button to change X/Y on the Amp block or are you using a scene change?

In order to change the state of X/Y on more than one block at the same time you need to use a scene (unless the AX-8 had some special ability that I'm not aware of).

No sweat unix, I'll try to explain...
I'm using x/y on the amp block in the first scene. From clean amp(x) >overdriven amp(y). At the moment that I'm on clean amp I want to use x cab. At the moment that I choose y amp, I want the other (y) cab.
Maybe I'm not that technical clever, but it must be probably the possibility to simultaneously change both of them within scene 1

No sweat unix, I'll try to explain...
I'm using x/y on the amp block in the first scene. From clean amp(x) >overdriven amp(y). At the moment that I'm on clean amp I want to use x cab. At the moment that I choose y amp, I want the other (y) cab.
Maybe I'm not that technical clever, but it must be probably the possibility to simultaneously change both of them within scene 1
You need to use a scene change to do that. As mentioned, there is no other method I'm aware of to change the X/Y of multiple blocks at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom