Hi gain only?

I can't answer your question on the comparison, but only because I have barely dabbled with the high gain amps, because the boutique and vintage amps are so good. I record with them all of the time, and the biggest challenge is to actually remember which amp/preset/scene I used on each track when I come back to do punch-in later. A good problem to have!

I used to play high gain stuff all the time, often on a 7 string ibanez, bare knuckle pickups. I got the Axe because I didn't think the high gain peavey sounds I tried on another modeller were up to it.

Now: I bought a strat (single coils only) and play mostly edge of breakup stuff. I honestly never cared for that kind of guitar, but having those sounds available made me try different things and quite frankly it's opened me up to more stuff and improved my playing.

I can still grab a high output guitar and play something heavy, or do some high gain leads. I honestly think the Axe is the best guitar thing I've ever bought. It needed to be for the price, but I honestly think it could be all things to all players.

Hey everyone! First post here. New to the AXE and currently on the waitlist. I am wondering however, I see a lot of reviews and demos for high gain with the Axe 3 but not a lot of attention seems to be given to the "boutique" amps. Are they equally as good sounding as the high gain stuff?

I don't think I have ventured into seriously high gain amps yet in fact I am still exploring the Marshally (Marshalls, Friedman's etc) side of the axes amps so I couldn't pretend to know about much of it. All I know it does this side (clean to crunchy to overdriven) very well so I can only imagine it does all the others well too.

Hey everyone! First post here. New to the AXE and currently on the waitlist. I am wondering however, I see a lot of reviews and demos for high gain with the Axe 3 but not a lot of attention seems to be given to the "boutique" amps. Are they equally as good sounding as the high gain stuff?
Recently John Mayer said his latest album uses the FX3. We're not able to point to specific tracks or specific sounds because he didn't say, but, if you listen to the album, the sounds are extremely boutique, from the small guitar parts in the background, to the main sounds.

Back
Top Bottom