Hi Gain Metal Presets (Mesa Boogie and Diezel)

I love my AX8.
But the Mesa Boogie and Diezel presets that came with it are not my favorites for heavy metal.
Where can I find some good metal presets?
If they are free even better...

Hey LT, I hit a couple of your Mesa Presets last week and they converted nicely through Fractool to my XL+. I am interested in these packs but I don't see them anywhere. Also are they current with Firmware 9.04? I would love to audition both packs...

You rock my brother!!!

Hey LT, I hit a couple of your Mesa Presets last week and they converted nicely through Fractool to my XL+. I am interested in these packs but I don't see them anywhere. Also are they current with Firmware 9.04? I would love to audition both packs...

You rock my brother!!!

The download links are in the YT video description. They should still sound good with 9.04, let me know how you go

Here are my personal mark IV settings. I added Petrucci's modern settings on amp Y. See which approach you prefer.. there's also the Morton's way in the dedicated topic on this page. My approach is different, I crank treble and presence, cut bass and mids, then shape the bass and mids with the graphic EQ and keep the 5th band low. It avoids the boxiness and makes it sound more like a 5150 or a Tucana, with less fizz. Also works with the 2C+.

For Petrucci's lead tone : full gain, Fat on, Presence Shift off (in power amp page), presence around 6-7, a bit less treble, and a bit more mids in the 3rd band of the GEQ.

Attachments

• Mark IV special.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Here are my personal mark IV settings. I added Petrucci's modern settings on amp Y. See which approach you prefer.. there's also the Morton's way in the dedicated topic on this page. My approach is different, I crank treble and presence, cut bass and mids, then shape the bass and mids with the graphic EQ and keep the 5th band low. It avoids the boxiness and makes it sound more like a 5150 or a Tucana, with less fizz. Also works with the 2C+.

For Petrucci's lead tone : full gain, Fat on, Presence Shift off (in power amp page), presence around 6-7, a bit less treble, and a bit more mids in the 3rd band of the GEQ.
when you said full gain,you mean the input drive?

@NightWalker if you're into JP's tone, it's also worth mentioning that he has a very strong clockwise pick attack and when he plays his riffs, and he almost adds artificial harmonics to his powerchords by keeping the thumb close to the strings.

So compared to most mark users, he sounds like he has a mid boost pedal in front of the amp. People frequently expect that silk boost to come from the amp, looking for some magical settings, but it's from the picking hand.

@NightWalker if you're into JP's tone, it's also worth mentioning that he has a very strong clockwise pick attack and when he plays his riffs, and he almost adds artificial harmonics to his powerchords by keeping the thumb close to the strings.

So compared to most mark users, he sounds like he has a mid boost pedal in front of the amp. People frequently expect that silk boost to come from the amp, looking for some magical settings, but it's from the picking hand.
ohh really!! i didnt know about that but good to know,thank you.

Back
Top Bottom