Hi everyone long time reader finally registered . An issue that is getting to me, open to ideas of the cause.

As someone mentioned the way you have the amp set up may be an issue and you only mentioned what cables you are using and nothing on the amp settings and physical connections. If the amp is switched to Bridged mode or parallel mode an you are just using one speaker lead to the cab you may get phase issues (if the bridged mode is not using output x). Make sure the amp is in stereo mode (this switches it to two mono block amps and use the corresponding inputs and outputs. Just use one channel of the amp (in case you are running stereo to a mono cab which will also cause problems). If running mono in the Axe make sure your I/O menu setting is correct and you are running the output to Copy L>R

Here is what I would suggest. Create a preset with nothing but an amp block, cab block, and maybe a drive block. See if this behavior is still present in this simple preset. Then add blocks that you normally use one at a time to try to isolate the problem.
first thing I did.

As someone mentioned the way you have the amp set up may be an issue and you only mentioned what cables you are using and nothing on the amp settings and physical connections. If the amp is switched to Bridged mode or parallel mode an you are just using one speaker lead to the cab you may get phase issues (if the bridged mode is not using output x). Make sure the amp is in stereo mode (this switches it to two mono block amps and use the corresponding inputs and outputs. Just use one channel of the amp (in case you are running stereo to a mono cab which will also cause problems). If running mono in the Axe make sure your I/O menu setting is correct and you are running the output to Copy L>R
Did that. The set up is correct.

First off, do you have cab modeling on? You should with that speaker.
But if it is changing tone with the same exact preset, it could be a number of things. I have a situation where every so often my rig sounds terrible. Once I found out it was corrosion in one of my jacks between my guitar and AXE, I now routinely clean them. So it could be that simple, because I experienced the same symptoms, thin and nasally.

You need to isolate the cause. There are three possibilities: the Axe-Fx, the amp or the speaker. You need to replace one at a time to identify which is the culprit.
I don't have an alternative FR speaker only a bunch of Mesa and Marshall cabs and my only other power amp is a VHT 2/50/2 . The reinstall all is still working so fingers crossed . Thanks to All.

I don't have an alternative FR speaker only a bunch of Mesa and Marshall cabs and my only other power amp is a VHT 2/50/2 . The reinstall all is still working so fingers crossed . Thanks to All.
Use a pair of powered studio monitors to eliminate power amp and speaker. I’m 99% certain this is a cable or component issue down the line. Power amps can limp along in weird ways when they’re on the way out. Just a possibility.

Yeah my Matrix power amp sits as a very expensive paper weight, and reminder not to buy anything that has to be shipped OS for work to be done so it actually works, due to no official tech support here and no one here wants to work on them. Plus the expense of the 2 speakers that it took out. Yeah safe to say I am not a Matrix fan.

Back
Top Bottom