Hi everyone, I'm new to the questions

I have as perhaps many taken this product to have different choices in the recordings. Often in any case I use Royer 121 anyway, or other microphones with preamps because I am more confined than I like the sound. On Friday I received the Fractal Ax III from G66, a European company that imports the product in Italy and I asked them when I can get the pedals. They told me they didn't know. Unfortunately the only means I have is a Rocktron Midi Mate but I see that for C / C it's impossible to work. I can change from one number to another but no more ... think that with it I can work with an Eventide eclipse but not Fractal.
Can you give me some advice?

Depends on your budget and how much functionality you need from a controller pedal.
Low end of the budget: Morningstar MC 6
High end of the budget: Liquid Foot Pro
If you can wait the Fractal FC6 and FC12 are obviously the ideal choice for the Axe Fx III
Google is your friend.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what the availability is in Italy, but the RJM Mastermind controllers work very well with the III. I’ve been using one for quite a while of gigging the III.

No doubting that the FC controllers are, by far, the most “plug and play” option and are worth waiting for if that’s your thing. Remember that you can also plug an expression pedal directly into the III, bypassing the midi controller entirely, which will open a lot of additional control options.

My axe III is on the way and I'm considering the morningstar as well but I haven't found some info. Does it have sync funcionalities for the axe fx (ia steates, active scene, tuner, etc)?
not really. i have a second midi cable running back to my pedal board, and use a midi block to explicitly tell the mc6 to highlight the appropriate scene, but that’s about as far as that goes. the RJM stuff has a lot more interactivity, but for a whole lot more $

Thanks guys for your answers I read them all. I don't really understand the company's policy of selling the product and then making it wait for months in Europe to have, for example, FC6 O 12s.
The difference between a Fractal AXE III and a Kemper is precisely the amount of effects you can handle in continuous controls ... and not letting professionals work well is not a good thing.

I have is a Rocktron Midi Mate but I see that for C / C it's impossible to work. I can change from one number to another but no more
Were you able to make it work? I've got a good offer but not sure if I should go for it. Switching scenes/presets and bypassing the blocks is all I need with it. Maybe Contol Switches too.

Back
Top Bottom