• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Hi cut control taper on class A amps

greiswig

Power User
This may not be a bug. If the control is working as designed, please re-post to the wish list.

I find the high cut control to be very hard to use, apparently because of the taper. On most controls, I literally close my eyes and listen while I turn the knob, so I can find the sweet spot by ear. But on the high cut, the difference between 8.44 and 8.46 on the knob is drastically greater than the difference between 1.00 and 3.00 for example. But for many amps, I find myself needing to use the higher settings on the control, so I have to be careful to make only tiny adjustments as I’m dialing this parameter in.

It may be a log taper or something like that, but if so I would rather this be more linear or even a reverse log taper for this particular control.

Top Bottom