HFD! (Happy Fractal Day)

Saki

An Axe-FX II XL+ arrived at my house just in time for the week-end. :) It had probably been shipped a few hours too early to get the Quantum 2.0 firmware, so I upgraded it and then started to wander around the presets. Even though I have a lot to learn, it's really exciting to hear how good they already sound. :)

As showed on the picture below, for the moment I've plugged the Axe on the return input of an acoustic amp's effect loop. I haven't run any comparison yet, but I hope that it's better than using a similar setup on my high gain tube amp, as this acoustic amp has a dedicated tweeter for trebble (hence a wider frequency range). Proper sound system to follow as soon as possible...

Now all that's left, is learning how to use it, since it's my first modeller. ;)

Oh, and the chocolates in the box are a nich touch, thanks G66 and Fractal!

Attachments

• DSCN4015.JPG
    DSCN4015.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 30
Hi Saki and welcome to the FOC or Fractal Owners Club:) You're going to have LOTS of fun with your black magic box!!
PS I think I remember getting free chocs AND a Fractal T-shirt in my box:)

Thanks. :) Yeah, the T-shirt was there too, I should have mentioned it. I'm a sucker for that kind of T-shirt, so I appreciated it a lot too.

Just a short followup.

This morning I switched amps and tried the Axe through the return input of my high gain tube amp (Laboga Beast). It sounded much, much nicer: the acoustic Marshall was extremely aggressive and biting in the trebble, and made me think I was chased off by bees, while the Laboga sounded rounder and fuller. Both with the same presets from the Axe, and yes, power amp and cab simulation were off.

I guess the secondary speaker (a small tweeter) on the Marshall has something to do with it, and I also guess that I could have corrected that on the Axe. What would be a good starting point for that kind of correction? When I make the jump to FRFR monitor, I'll probaby meet that kind of the problem again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom