Hey this is weird should update amp block ,chance tone this much?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

This is something weird ,I did try some kind of update amp block move. I was try one of my old presets that trick to update amp block values ,I only delete that amp chain and put that back in chain same settings like it was. That preset have been created in FW11 ,and I am FW13.07 right now. I have never do any update amp block process ,and im not sure is that trick right way what I did. But tell me is this ok how much that preset tone was chance ,only for that reset amp block and put all settings back same like they was. Link for test is below first clips is that FW11 preset without that update amp block ,and second clip is update amp block, Very big different I must say ,if that trick was update amp block style trick.

[video]https://soundcloud.com/axefxii/axe-fx-ii-test[/video]

Hey

How much that have been chance ,and do you remember what else there have been chance? And can you tell me is that correct how much there is different for those clips? Because I notice very very big different ,and now Im thinking did I do correct way that update amp block thing. And if that is correct way ,I think there is maybe more users who have not ever do that update thing. It was very big surprise how much that tone did chance ,im now very confused because i need to think what happened.

Prescence knob's behavior has changed.
You should tweak the knob accordingly.

After the update most of my patches didn't change much. They just feel a tad better. Hard to explain.
This goes for all patches in which the amps' adv parameters (anything other than the bass, mid, treb, pres) were kept default.

The only ones that had brutal changes after the update were all my plexi patches. At FW14, I had them all thoroughly tweaked so I could have the same ammount of overdrive u get by cranking them, but without the need to crank em up, just with all controls at noon. All this withough reying on pedals, sat, boost switches, or touching input gain.
I did this by cranking up the master vol and prescence capacitors. Setting a high xFormer ratio, high B+ Constant, and a few other changes including the plate voltages.
After the update, I had no overdrive at all, so I had to retweak a lot. This time at FW15, the prescence and Mst Vol capacitors wouldn't do anything for overdrive, so I had to experiment with other knobs. Now since the presence in the plexis doesn't do much, little changed for the tone.

Also, lots of ppl stated that after fw15 update, their patches got darker. But only that. This might be due to the readjustment of Mst Vol values, and some other knobs too.

The advanced parameters changed quite a lot, so if you relied on them to create your patches, you might be in for brutal differences.
If you didn't touch them at all, then expect only a darker tone produced by the change in the presence knob's behavior. Just readjust it and you'll be all fine.

Chech this out from the release notes:

"NOTE: The amp modeling improvements have resulted in a significantly increased “sweet spot” for the Master Volume control. Previous advice to keep the Master Volume low for high-gain amp types no longer applies and, in fact, increasing the Master Volume can result in better tone (more bloom and swirl) and much better feel (due to power supply sag). Therefore most non-MV amps now default to a higher value than previously. This may result in louder preset volume which will necessitate reducing the Output Level to compensate."

Hey

Wow nice reply mate ,thanks a lot for info. But that test what i was use was test for my old preset ,that preset was done in FW11 and im in FW13.07 right now. Im not sure did those times there were those ,Master Volume sweet spots or presence knob new improvements correct please if im wrong? There has been lot of chances between FW11-FW13.07.

After the update most of my patches didn't change much. They just feel a tad better. Hard to explain.
This goes for all patches in which the amps' adv parameters (anything other than the bass, mid, treb, pres) were kept default.

The only ones that had brutal changes after the update were all my plexi patches. At FW14, I had them all thoroughly tweaked so I could have the same ammount of overdrive u get by cranking them, but without the need to crank em up, just with all controls at noon. All this withough reying on pedals, sat, boost switches, or touching input gain.
I did this by cranking up the master vol and prescence capacitors. Setting a high xFormer ratio, high B+ Constant, and a few other changes including the plate voltages.
After the update, I had no overdrive at all, so I had to retweak a lot. This time at FW15, the prescence and Mst Vol capacitors wouldn't do anything for overdrive, so I had to experiment with other knobs. Now since the presence in the plexis doesn't do much, little changed for the tone.

Also, lots of ppl stated that after fw15 update, their patches got darker. But only that. This might be due to the readjustment of Mst Vol values, and some other knobs too.

The advanced parameters changed quite a lot, so if you relied on them to create your patches, you might be in for brutal differences.
If you didn't touch them at all, then expect only a darker tone produced by the change in the presence knob's behavior. Just readjust it and you'll be all fine.

Chech this out from the release notes:

"NOTE: The amp modeling improvements have resulted in a significantly increased “sweet spot” for the Master Volume control. Previous advice to keep the Master Volume low for high-gain amp types no longer applies and, in fact, increasing the Master Volume can result in better tone (more bloom and swirl) and much better feel (due to power supply sag). Therefore most non-MV amps now default to a higher value than previously. This may result in louder preset volume which will necessitate reducing the Output Level to compensate."

Last edited:
Hey

And would be great to hear more answers for that my question (is that correct and ok how much that tone did chance ,or did i do something wrong for that update amp block thing)?

Last edited:
Hey

Yeah I was thinking that same few minutes ago ,little bit scary feelings about that but in a good way luckily. BTW is that ok how much that tone did chance ,whit only for that update amp block step? And did I that correct way because I was only remove that amp block in the chain ,and I did put that amp block back to chain whit same settings like i was use before.

Wonder what FW15 will do to it :)

Back
Top Bottom