Hey It's a Van halen day here in Beantown

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
Couldn't resist as I love this old stuff
this is Fremens Brown sound patch that I copied the PEQ block from Progressive Roccos Hot plexi patch that was just posted to brighten it up

couldn't get the feedback at the end (the mrs was upstairs yelling at me to turn it down :lol )
I hope I didn't butcher it too bad:lol

here's another one , I used progressive Roccos patch straight up on this one
My mix isn't as good on this one (haven't played this one in years either :lol )

no fade out too lazy.......
it's amazing how similar these two patches sound yet they are different amps and different cabs.
I'll post Fremens up (I've modified it a bit) tomorrow night when I get home from work.

***edit actually I just figured out how to do it (who says Axe Edit doesn't work??) this is without the PEQ at the end f the chain that 'brightened it up)
View attachment Fremens The Brown Sound V9.syx

Last edited:
kudos to Fremen his patch was very close I just tweaked the high end on it (without the PEQ it's a great VH II patch) it's probably specific to my guiitar.

Last edited:
Whoa! You really nailed that trademark swooshing/scratching part. I've always had a problem getting the effect right. What's the secret? Great patch, Fremen and great playing, kmanick!

Very nice man! Great playing on this tune..... I had the same issue when posting mine last night. Renaming the file didn't help me....I ended up modifying the track EQ and amplification so it was a little lower....then boosted it in the track. SC seemed to have difficulty reading the file on it....hehe

I almost tried this tune to....hah. Debating on what tune to do next lol

Man, loved that Atomic Punk. What pickups were you using?
thanks!
I'm using my all maple GMW strat , it's got a Duncan custom in it with an Alnico II magnet
this little beast here
DSCN3135.jpg

it's one of the best playing guitars I've ever laid my hands on and it's like a chameleon
the volume pot pulls up and splits the hums, I can get an amazing range of tones out of this thing.
does Yngwie very well too (I'm going to try and post up "Perpetual" tomorrow night if I can get a good take)

Whoa! You really nailed that trademark swooshing/scratching part. I've always had a problem getting the effect right. What's the secret? Great patch, Fremen and great playing, kmanick!
surprisingly that was a bit more difficult than I initially thought it would be, I must've started/stopped recording a 1/2 dozen times becuase I kept going off time during
the intro Scratching.

Back
Top Bottom