Hey, isn't today 'Preset A Day' day?

Hey guys, I have some great news for #PresetADay customers !!

I am currently in the process of updating all of the #PresetADay packs to Quantum 5. Plus:
I'm going back and adding the 4 scene modes for the April and June packs. PLUS:
I will be adding a nice compressor for the cleans and solos, and a preset wah block for the solo scene.

These will be all be a FREE update for anyone that has purchased that particular months #PresetADay pack.

The updates will take a little while to complete (as you know, there will be 4 months x 40 presets each with 4 scenes = 640 tones I have to go through) so please bare with me. The first update will be the April pack, which at this stage, will be available tomorrow.

As last time, a blast email will be sent out from Sellfy when the updates are ready so make sure to check your Junk folders in case your email provider marks Sellfy as SPAM. IF you have unsubscribed from the mailing list, you wont be able to get these updates automatically so in that event you may need to email me. But we'll sort all that tomorrow when the pack is available !!

Thanks guys, you rock \m/\m/

APRILs #PresetADay major update is done and the FREE update download links have been sent to all customers !!
Please check your inboxes spam folders incase your email provide marks Sellfy as SPAM.

if you don't receive the email - OR - you have removed yourself from the mailing list :rolleyes: email me at: silentundergroundstudio@hotmail.com and let me know your Paypal email address you used for the purchase (so i can verify the purchase) and I'll send you the pack directly !!

Thanks again guys, you all rock !!

*** Firmware Quantum 5 update specifics:
1. Re-configured to 4 scene presets for clean, crunch, rhythm and lead tones. 2. Wah block added for solos - manually engage (preset to autowah) 3. Chorus added to clean tones. 4. Compressed added for Cleans and solos. 5. All preset output volumes set where the Clean (most headroom) dynamics are slightly lower than internal clipping - Adjust volume as required using the output tab.

EDIT: - You may notice these presets are slightly lower in volume. This is directly related to how we configured the clean sounds. All previous 4 scene presets were setup so that loud chords would have held the same perceived output to the crunch scene. However, this left the cleans being very low in volume for those that play in more of an arpeggiated picking style.

The updated presets are set to where picking on the neck pup will produce crystal clean tones equal in perceived volume to the scene 2 crunch modes. This does mean that chords will be far too loud by comparison. To compensate for the extra dynamics in the clean mode, all the presets had to be pulled down in volume to suit.

Last edited:
APRILs #PresetADay major update is done and the FREE update download links have been sent to all customers !!
Please check your inboxes spam folders incase your email provide marks Sellfy as SPAM.

if you don't receive the email - OR - you have removed yourself from the mailing list :rolleyes: email me at: silentundergroundstudio@hotmail.com and let me know your Paypal email address you used for the purchase (so i can verify the purchase) and I'll send you the pack directly !!

Thanks again guys, you all rock !!

*** Firmware Quantum 5 update specifics:
1. Re-configured to 4 scene presets for clean, crunch, rhythm and lead tones. 2. Wah block added for solos - manually engage (preset to autowah) 3. Chorus added to clean tones. 4. Compressed added for Cleans and solos. 5. All preset output volumes set where the Clean (most headroom) dynamics are slightly lower than internal clipping - Adjust volume as required using the output tab.

EDIT: - You may notice these presets are slightly lower in volume. This is directly related to how we configured the clean sounds. All previous 4 scene presets were setup so that loud chords would have held the same perceived output to the crunch scene. However, this left the cleans being very low in volume for those that play in more of an arpeggiated picking style.

The updated presets are set to where picking on the neck pup will produce crystal clean tones equal in perceived volume to the scene 2 crunch modes. This does mean that chords will be far too loud by comparison. To compensate for the extra dynamics in the clean mode, all the presets had to be pulled down in volume to suit.

Enjoying the update. The 1987x has a great crunch to it.

Yeah, they are different. I actually didn't really intend on making new ones each month which is why the August cab isn't named with a month at all, but going forward I'll do a new custom cab each month. They cabs are put together from cabs we have shot over the years that never landed in a cab pack etc... I might bundle them at some point and do an official release if there is interest though.
Late to the party here. Absolutely loving August pack - it's helping me out with my live sound tremendously! Two questions: 1) would you recommend any tweaks to August pack to make the most out of the latest firmware? and 2) just out of interest, what cabs and speakers did you blend for the August cab? Great work. Thank you

Late to the party here. Absolutely loving August pack - it's helping me out with my live sound tremendously! Two questions: 1) would you recommend any tweaks to August pack to make the most out of the latest firmware? and 2) just out of interest, what cabs and speakers did you blend for the August cab? Great work. Thank you

For the August pack, I just changed the firmware to "LATEST" in the Amp block preamp page in the editor.

Sounded great to me with no other tweaks.

The Cabinet IR is a custom blend of a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12 with Vintage 30 speakers and a Marshall 1960b with Vintage 30 speakers. Both mic'd with a Shure sm57 and a Sennheiser MD421. Both Console EQ and Notch Flitering have been applied to remove any weird resonant peaks and muddy / harsh frequencies.

In most cases you can just flip the firmware to the latest and it should be fine. EQ wise they shouldn't change, but maybe a tiny little bit of extra / less gain and perhaps the output volume slightly. We are currently doing updates for the packs to all be Quantum 5.

The Cabinet IR is a custom blend of a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12 with Vintage 30 speakers and a Marshall 1960b with Vintage 30 speakers. Both mic'd with a Shure sm57 and a Sennheiser MD421. Both Console EQ and Notch Flitering have been applied to remove any weird resonant peaks and muddy / harsh frequencies.

In most cases you can just flip the firmware to the latest and it should be fine. EQ wise they shouldn't change, but maybe a tiny little bit of extra / less gain and perhaps the output volume slightly. We are currently doing updates for the packs to all be Quantum 5.
Thanks Daniel

Just this moment purchased both August and October packs ( totally giveaway price). Looks like I've got the rest of the day planned changing all the presets to latest:)

Quick question. I downloaded a couple of October presets for free and put the custom ir in slot 20. I take it all the new October presets will see/use that??
Does the August pack use a different ir if so, what slot would you suggest ??

Sorry for dumb questions, but I'm still a bit new on preset building hence the reason I download most of mine:):)

Just this moment purchased both August and October packs ( totally giveaway price). Looks like I've got the rest of the day planned changing all the presets to latest:)

Quick question. I downloaded a couple of October presets for free and put the custom ir in slot 20. I take it all the new October presets will see/use that??
Does the August pack use a different ir if so, what slot would you suggest ??

Sorry for dumb questions, but I'm still a bit new on preset building hence the reason I download most of mine:):)

Thanks for picking up the packs man, all the presets are set up to use Slot 20 for the cabs so you will need to manually change them to suit where you would like to load the August - or other- cabs... Each month does use a different custom IR. But feel free to swap them around, they are very balanced IRs and should sound great even if you swap them around ;)

Hi, me again:).

I'm having some trouble un-zipping the October pack. It's saying I "don't have write permission for this folder".

I have no idea what this means:)

The only amp that extracts is the wrecker rocket.

If I hover the mouse over the zip file is says "files in zip folder 229, files not shown 217"

This I the first time I've had this after downloading loads of zipped files, including lots of yours. Any ideas, apart from probable user error. :):)

Yep, I tried that. Even tried saving to a sd card. It's not playing ball. It's probably me doing something wrong but I've only done exactly the same as always.

On the plus side, I've just spent the last 4 hours going through the August pack changing to latest firmware where needed, and I've got to say, I'm well impressed:)

Totally nails my ideal Les Paul tone. Best $6 I think I've ever spent.

Any ideas for the October pack gratefully received:)

Yep, I tried that. Even tried saving to a sd card. It's not playing ball. It's probably me doing something wrong but I've only done exactly the same as always.

On the plus side, I've just spent the last 4 hours going through the August pack changing to latest firmware where needed, and I've got to say, I'm well impressed:)

Totally nails my ideal Les Paul tone. Best $6 I think I've ever spent.

Any ideas for the October pack gratefully received:)

Shoot me an email at silentundergroundstudio@hotmail.com and I'll send you the pack directly. See if that helps (y)

So ok, I've got the October pack all sorted, thanks for your advice Daniel. Just one last question and then I'm good to go. :)

When I imported the August pack, I mistakenly loaded some ax8 patches and I've got an XL. Are the any major differences between the ax8, mk2, XL and XL+ presets? . It's just that I've spent a bit of time changing to latest firmware on all the presets and will just stay with what I've got if I'm not missing out on anything by not loading the specific XL ones. Personally I can't tell the difference but I'm still a bit of a novice as you probably can tell, however, I'm learning all the time :)

Back
Top Bottom